Help › Forums

Re: Christmas in July....if only

Mon, Jul 15 2013 10:44 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Johndee489
    88 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:19 PM

pjctas0822:
    Try going with the Callaway Xhot driver .

I rented it during the free rental weekend.   Very nice driver, a few yards longer than the lower leveled R1 I'm playing, but only 12,000'sh points away from L81 and think I'll wait for the G20.

Either way, I need a good luck streak at the slots,  I mean carousel. ;-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 1:50 AM

BuddhaDharma:
    Wish I would have known about this program, I would have kept more of the stuff I sold back and given them away as gifts. 

Hi Vic, just clarification, you still could not give away your old clubs, you can only sell back to the pro shop.

All these Gifts have to be purchased from the pro shop by Santa at full price.

To be honest zi think equipmemt for Masters and TM is fine but the choice of new equipment in the 90 levels is limited. Personally I don't want to see better equipment, just better choices. The R11 is good and the meter speed is ok and closer to the R11 Irons (the best irons IMO) but just not as forgiving sadly (and I use this in real  life and it is forgiving lol)

Regardless which driver you have, you can still be competitive.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 6:22 AM

BuddhaDharma:

The ONLY thing I want for Christmas is the TaylorMade TP 8.0 White Driver.  I have everything else I could possibly need right now, except for this driver of course.  I am at level 87 (Master).  I play every day but thisdriver seems so out of reach.  Even at the rate I play every day it would probably take me close to another year to get to the level where I could purchase it.  ANYONE out there willing to donate this driver to a very dedicated player?  Thanking anyone out there in advance.  Vic (BuddhaDharma).

it's looks more like cyan/blue than white

• BuddhaDharma
    45 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 8:00 PM

Hi there, sorry I missed your response yesterday.  Wanted to thank you too as well as the other players who took the time to point this out to me.  It does make sense though.  I just wasn't aware that it was against the rules.  A little dissapointed but I always look for the positive aspects of things.  I figure that even at the rate I play it would take about another year for me to reach the level where I could purchase that driver, however, given that amount of time I would be willing to bet that WGT will come up with plenty of more drivers to choose from so it's still all good!  I am happy with my Callaway X-Hot.  Averaging 300+ yards with it so I really can't complain.  I have two other drivers, Ping and Taylormade that I purchased at a higher level and the Callaway is outperforming those, who would have guessed?  Anyway, I love the idea of Christmas in July and I have a few extra clubs on hand that I plan to give away, what a great idea!  Thank you again for taking the time to write, I appreciate it!

Vic (BuddhaDharma).

• BuddhaDharma
    45 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 10:44 PM

Thank alanti for another heads up.  Guess I didn't fully understand the program so I appreciate you letting me know.  I got to thinking last night that I am most likely close to a year away before I can pick up that R1 and I did see that the Black Driver has the same specs and is more in reach for me.  On a positive note WGT seems to picking up the pace a little more now as far as adding new equiptment and I do agree with you that the equiptment is fine, just need more choices is all.  It wouldn't suprise me to see WGT start adding more drivers and other clubs in the near future so it will just be a waiting game now to see what they do.  Got a little suprise late last night, I moved up to Tour Master which was a very positive thing for me!  Thank you again for taking the time to write, I really do appreciate it!

Vic :)

• PAGES
RSS