Forums

Help › Forums

Christmas in July....if only

Mon, Jul 15 2013 10:44 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BuddhaDharma
    45 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 3:05 PM

The ONLY thing I want for Christmas is the TaylorMade TP 8.0 White Driver.  I have everything else I could possibly need right now, except for this driver of course.  I am at level 87 (Master).  I play every day but thisdriver seems so out of reach.  Even at the rate I play every day it would probably take me close to another year to get to the level where I could purchase it.  ANYONE out there willing to donate this driver to a very dedicated player?  Thanking anyone out there in advance.  Vic (BuddhaDharma).

• a123688
    48 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 4:10 PM

Even if someone wanted to donate it, I don't think you would be able to get it because you are not at the level yet. 

For a player to receive a club with a level requirement, that player has to me same level or higher, unless that has changed now.

• a123688
    48 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 4:10 PM

Even if someone wanted to donate it, I don't think you would be able to get it because you are not at the level yet. 

For a player to receive a club with a level requirement, that player has to me same level or higher, unless that has changed now.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 5:36 PM

Even if we could "donate" stuff Vic . . . we couldn't "donate" a level 98 driver to someone on level 87 . . . not possible . .

The black driver (same spec) is avail at level 93 just now . . . get you're skates on :)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 5:48 PM

Sorry Budda, at your current tier you really do not need a better driver than you already have and as pointed out you cannot gift equipment at a higher level.

I agree that once you hit the 90 levels, equipment dries up and there is very little to look forward to. Hopefully this will change in the not to distant future.

The R11 level 88 is a good club, and the R11S level 94 is an excellent club (more forgiving than the R11).

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 7:03 PM

alanti:
    and the R11S level 94 is an excellent club (more forgiving than the R11).

I did not know that....something to keep in mind.

MC

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 8:49 PM

I have to ask why only Master level ?  You can use the starter Driver and shoot low from that tee location.

Try going with the Callaway Xhot driver . I just ditched my R 11 for it based on forgiveness and I am hitting from the tips with no issues as far as distance goes.

Dont matter what kind of gun you have if you cant aim and fire right ?

• BuddhaDharma
    45 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 9:11 PM

Thank you for the heads up!  I didn't realize you couldn't play with equiptment above your current level even if it was gifted to me.  But it does make sense though.  I have been playing with the Callaway X-Hot which is not a bad driver at all.  I am averaging 300 yards plus with it so have no complaints at all.  I was just looking at some extra distance with the slower meter speed.  I did plan on trying to pick up the Black Driver at level 93 if I can get there before they remove it.  The main thing for me is the Christmas in July idea.  As I mentioned I have a few excellent clubs that I would much prefer to give as gifts rather than sell them back.  I will be looking for that pair of skates though and start scooting.  Thank you again for the heads up, I appreciate it!

Vic (BuddhaDharma).

• BuddhaDharma
    45 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 9:24 PM

Thank you alanti for the heads up, I appreciate it.  As Lobsterboy pointed out (and I wasn't aware of) you can't play with equiptment above your current level.  I really like this idea of Christmas in July though.  As I mentioned in my earlier post I have several excellent clubs sitting in my bag that I no longer use and I would much prefer to give them as gifts rather than sell them back to WGT.  Next month I will have been on the site for 1 year.  Wish I would have known about this program, I would have kept more of the stuff I sold back and given them away as gifts.   You are correct that at my current level it's pretty slim pickins', especially with the drivers.  I am playing with the Callaway X-Hot and really don't have any complaints, I love the driver and am averaging 300 yards plus with it.  I was hoping I could pick up the R1 for the extra distance and slower meter speed.  Thank you too for the suggestion on the other drivers.  I am fairly close to level 88 now and just may go ahead and pick up the R11.  I am hoping that sometime in the near future WGT will put some longer range drivers within reach for Masters and Tour Masters.  Thank you again for the info, I really do appreciate you and Lobsterboy taking the time to respond.

Vic (BuddhaDharma).

• BuddhaDharma
    45 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 9:36 PM

I agree with you. I am currently using the X-Hot Driver which I am very pleased with.  So far it's the best driver I have had in my bag and I am averaging 300 yards + with it so have no complaints at all there.  The White R1 was just very appealing to me for the extra distance and slower meter speed.  Also at the level I am at there isn't much left to choose from as far as drivers go.  I do plan on picking up the TM at level 88 though.  My hope is that WGT will give players at my level at least a chance at some of the better drivers.  I play nearly everyday but the White R1 is at least 10 months away or more.  Who knows, they may suprise all of us at some point.  Thanks again pjctas0822, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Vic (BuddhaDharma)

• PAGES
RSS