Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Royal Baby - Place Your Bets Here .

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 25 2013 4:32 PM (35 replies)
  • quakerdarlo
    7,058 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 9:54 AM

andwhy67:

do you reckon William ties her up?

Nah, but Harry certainly would have liked to, he,s just been demoted in the peckin order, poor sod, next thing is he will lose his benefits as well lol

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 10:19 AM

Great news for Kate & William as parents. George looks a handsome little guy for sure and I wish them all the happiness in becoming parents.

BUT....I'm not into royalty......I find hereditary rulers as stupid as having hereditary maths teachers.

1. the royal family ain't even british...they're german......Sax Coburg Gotha...which was changed to Windsor around 1917.

2. they should not even be in the royal position they're in because their royal claim stems back to Edward IV who was illegitimate, therefore any royal family from his line 500 yrs ago till today are actually imposters.

So who is Britain's real monarch? Watch the video below.

Next time anyone bumps into a royal, just remember they are no more royal than you or I.

Anyways..

tbe

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 10:25 AM

thebigeasy707:
    BUT....I'm not into royalty....

And its a good thing for us you're not, else you'd go on about why they're not true royalty and what not..

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 10:27 AM

i think it's quite funny....

the real king of britain now lives in australia and wants australia to be a republic :)

• quakerdarlo
    7,058 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 10:48 AM

thebigeasy707:
    Next time anyone bumps into a royal, just remember they are no more royal than you or I.
    Does that mean i can go shack down in the palace for a few nights? They are without doubt the most priveleged group, majority of us "Brits" dont care & i for one cant see the sense in "whooping" it up coz anuther 1 has been born...They say they attract tourism etc(so does tossa del mar), turn buck palace in2 a theme park then,millions would flood in, i cant believe that people are struggling to survive in our country & yet the royals are still looked upon as some standard bearer, they havent gotta clue what goes on & most of all, they dont care.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 4:32 PM

The monarchy costs 69p a year for every person in Britain, or £1.33 per taxpayer. In return, besides the Crown Estate profits, there is the unquantifiable, but enormous, tourist revenue it generates. Claims that a republican head of state would be less costly are absurd. The German presidency costs about the same as the Queen, but how many tourists line the streets of Berlin to catch a glimpse of – er – what is his name?

From the Tory rag:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/7850335/The-Royal-family-is-a-bargain-for-Britain.html

I am not particularly royalist either, but simply getting rid of it along with all the constitutional changes that would be involved is not that simple.  Any country either has or wants royalty.  If it don't have it's own it creates celeb royalty..............Nothing will ever be perfect.........

RSS