Help › Forums

Re: Quiters and there NFL teams.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:01 PM (46 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 2:44 PM

DeaneGithens:
    ... Matt Millen was a 49er most of his career or at least the better part of it
    Sorry Deane, that's incorrect.

Matt Millen played for 3 teams....9 years with the Oakland/LA Raiders  (1980-1988)... 2 years with the San Francisco 49'ers (1989-1990)... and 1 year with the Washington Redskins (1991).

As a player he was on winning SuperBowl teams everywhere he went.  As a matter of fact he won with the Raiders in both Oakland and LA, so basically he's 4 for 4.

Now I won't pretend to speak for him as a GM, but he was a pretty good player.

• raiderrob67
    70 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 3:28 PM

The problim Millen had was,he was trying to pull a page from Big Al's book.Drafetd the "sexy"speed/big arm guy with question marks.it dident work for him because he dident have the leadership guys there.

• DeaneGithens
    11 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 3:47 PM

Damm! Snaike,I better verify before typing away,I'm getting old.LOL!!! You deffinately jarred my memory,exactly right,damm! I can't belive I got that mixed up.Yeah he used up all of his luck those four years,because he didn't have much in Detroit,I do remember thinking when he first took the job that he would turn things around.They had better years with that ex high school coach,what was his name?Coach Fontes?

• mickcharvill
    1,281 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 3:52 PM

guys all this talk about american football and quitters youre making me(a poor uneducated limey) believe youre saying americans invented quitting

please keep in mind this is a fun observation

• mickcharvill
    1,281 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 3:58 PM

guys reading all these posts about NFL and quitters be very careful you will make us folk from abroad think youre saying that only americans quit this cant be right

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:25 PM

I dunno Mick.. which has the more quitting fans, ManU or Arsenal?

(LOL!)

@Deane... I really don't know.  I pretty much leave my attention focused on the 9ers and my hatred for the Cowboys and Raiders.

But I do remember Millen doing a lot of play by play for the 9ers here locally.  He was rather good at it.  Too bad he couldn't take that to the Lions.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:01 PM

I will give you 8 reasons why Al Davis is the biggest idiot in football.

1.  Bill Walsh

2.  John Madden

3. Tom Flores

4. Art Shell

5. Mike Shanahan

6. John Gruden

7. Todd Marinovich9

8. And  #2 that just left. His name escapes me at the moment. Doesn't matter anyway.

I have to go now, don't want to be late for my Wine & Cheese Party.

RAIDER'S SUCK AS USUAL and

Go Niner's.....

NinerSal.

RSS