Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Arccos System

Wed, Jul 9 2014 11:18 AM (9 replies)
  • Mgallia
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 6:06 PM

anybody going to give it a shot,? Ive been on th ecusp about that other system thats been out for awhile, but this one doesnt even require you to tap the club to a device on your belt.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 11:18 PM

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 11:45 PM

I thought everyone knew what ecusp was.....

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Jul 4 2014 12:04 AM
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Jul 4 2014 7:31 AM

Based on looking at the link and watching the video there it doesn't look like it would be all that accurate when it comes to providing club distance stats. It doesn't seem to account for "less than full" swings. Whatever clubs you select to punch out of trouble or use for less than full swing approaches to the green will have their numbers skewed.

For example, use your 5 wood to bump and run a shot next to a green and the distance it tells you your 5 wood will go is greatly reduced. Hit full shots 230 each of 4 times in a round and you average 230. Hit it 230 each of 4 times in a round plus a 20 yd bump and run and the system will tell you your 5 wood distance is only 188. Yes, that's what you averaged but that figure is no help in selecting the club for a future shot from the fairway. That figure also isn't very useful when analyzing your round to determine how well you hit each club.

I like the idea of the sensors but it should account for the creativity needed to play the game well.  Not every shot  is "grip it and rip it" . They need to expand on how much flexibility their  'dashboard" gives you when analyzing rounds and shots.

• Mgallia
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 6 2014 10:54 AM

finally , someone that gets me.

• Mgallia
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 6 2014 10:56 AM

It gives you the option to have shots like you describe not be included in your avg for that club.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 9:31 AM

That's good.  I didn't know or see that. Do you have to do that during the round or is that done on the dashboard after? During the round seems to me to be more of a disruptive distraction to the game at hand.

I don't take my golf game that seriously anymore, playing only occasionally due to financial restraints. I do see the value in such a system for someone who plays often and focuses more on the mechanics of the game.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 11:13 AM

Mgallia:

It gives you the option to have shots like you describe not be included in your avg for that club.

srellim234:

That's good.  I didn't know or see that. Do you have to do that during the round or is that done on the dashboard after? During the round seems to me to be more of a disruptive distraction to the game at hand.

I don't take my golf game that seriously anymore, playing only occasionally due to financial restraints. I do see the value in such a system for someone who plays often and focuses more on the mechanics of the game.

And how does he know this when no where on the site does it mention selective ignoring certain shots or shot types.

And for me $299 is a lot to spend on something sight unseen  that won't even be available until late summer.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 11:18 AM

Mgallia:

srellim234:

And how does he know this when no where on the site does it mention selective ignoring certain shots or shot types.

And for me $299 is a lot to spend on something sight unseen  that won't even be available until late summer.

RSS