Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What to do with 1,600 credits? First Purchase

Wed, Jan 7 2015 11:16 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 10:22 PM

While you are willing to spend once, the hint towards the further consequences is necessary. These 1,600 cr alsmost certainly entail some 5,000 to 10,000 cr later.

kurtpoole:
    alosso:
    A further hint: Don't buy a putter below 500 cr.
    This is great to know...funny too as my buddy just bought the taylormade spider and hates it.

LOL! I don't think that the Spider is so bad - this experience may rather be due to personal skills. At low level, bad putting may be very much due to the putter outside the screen. *grins*

Therefore, and because the Starter putter is not that bad, it may be wise to wait a tad longer.

• EasyEdward
    13,507 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 11:16 AM

1,600 cr is a start but even using the frugal "only buy 2 of everything" method will end up costing 20,000 cr. to make it to and well into Legend Tier.

The best advice is to know what is in store for you at different levels and plan accordingly.

My general advice is:

When you hit Master you will need the L48 R1 driver for sure. So save for that and buy it when you get there.

Once you have the cr for that saved add the 50 and 77 yard ATV wedges

Then start saving for an iron set and the 100 yard ATV wedge which you will want to purchase at the same time

At some point you will want a longer 3 wood but it is not used a lot so wait

Finally either wait till level 70 and get the Versa or if you want you can try the level 55 Daytona

Replace all of the above only when you are in the 80s level with what you need for Legend.

• PAGES
RSS