Forums

Help › Forums

What to do with 1,600 credits? First Purchase

Wed, Jan 7 2015 11:16 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kurtpoole
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2015 5:05 PM

I've  been playing for a month or so and accumulated 1600 credits from taking surveys...What shall I purchase first?  I'm still swinging the starter set and using starter balls currently.  Should I save what I have and keep taking more surveys for something better that's available to a lvl 36 player?  I'm hooked on this game and want better clubs. 

I've had some really good rounds when getting free balls so I'm thinking those are key too.  

thoughts...suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!

KP

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2015 6:14 PM

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2015 6:31 PM

I agree with Top about holding off but if you have a need to spend credits the 3 wedges is a good start.

TopShelf2010:
    However, I can suggest to ditch the Hybrid and get yourself some 'evenly' distance spaced wedges.

The Lv 39 ATV 56,60 & 64 would be a good  purchase  @ 495 each.

Learn to punch the 3W and you won't miss the hybird.

Using the free ball will save you plenty of credits. I still play them and have gotten comfortable with them.

Happy spending.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2015 8:35 PM

kurtpoole:
    What shall I purchase first?

For a mere 1500 credits, I will give you sound advice:)_

LOL...get you levels up, many of the stuff in the 40's level, or 50's level will carry you for a long time.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2015 11:40 PM

First of all, a general decision is due, having in mind that improved equipment will almost inevitably lead to progression in tiers. Then, at the Master tier, the longer tracks will trigger another step to better equipment (same again at Legend tier).

Thus I'm asking you, Kurt:

Are you ready to advance and pay more for the game, or is it your intention to play along for free without any ambition to compete or contend?

Read on if "advance and pay" is the answer.

ZioMio:
    The Lv 39 ATV 56,60 & 64 would be a good  purchase  @ 495 each.

Learn to punch the 3W and you won't miss the hybird.

While I agree to buying the two short ATV wedges, what good is the third of 100 yds "below" a Starter PW of 90? I'd propose to wait with the exchange of hybrid against the third wedge until it's really fitting in, opening the chance to get a better wedge at a higher level.

Instead, I'd add a decent 3WD to my shopping basket, for instance the R11 3WD of level 30/31, readily available. This will be a budget replacement of the sloppy Starter Driver.

A further hint: Don't buy a putter below 500 cr.

• akash1592
    322 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 1:31 PM

buy anything, except Balls... they are the last thing you wanna buy, before you get hooked on them :)

I find it stupid, when ppl are playing Nike balls, with starter irons..  Experienced advice, would come in handy,

ciao

~ akash

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 2:18 PM

TopShelf2010:

However, I can suggest to ditch the Hybrid and get yourself some 'evenly' distance spaced wedges.

I have to say one of the best bits of advice given to me was , ditch the hybrid and get another wedge for my bag.

• derekortt
    668 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 3:01 PM

I strongly recommend getting the WGT pro driver and the L15 Bladez given your credit stack. At L42 I'd then get the Ping wedges

• kurtpoole
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:26 PM

alosso...Thanks for the input.  Greatly appreciate the advice of a seasoned player.

alosso:
    Are you ready to advance and pay more for the game, or is it your intention to play along for free without any ambition to compete or contend?

I'm more than willing to spend to upgrade my equipment.  I actually have a $25 gift card my boss gave me that i'll probably never use.   If I didn't have ambition to compete or contend, I've wouldn't have asked for advice.

alosso:
    A further hint: Don't buy a putter below 500 cr.

This is great to know...funny too as my buddy just bought the taylormade spider and hates it.

• kurtpoole
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:31 PM

kurtpoole:
    What shall I purchase first?

For a mere 1500 credits, I will give you sound advice:)_

[/quote]

Touché

MBaggese:
    LOL...get you levels up, many of the stuff in the 40's level, or 50's level will carry you for a long time.
    [quote user="MBaggese"]

This sounds like what I might end up doing for now. 

Thanks!!!

• PAGES
RSS