Re: The Thrill is Gone

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 12 2015 2:17 PM (42 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Thu, Feb 12 2015 5:42 AM

JFidanza:
       Aim for a hole in one! It can't be that far off

Could be - took me 3 years and 3 thousand ranked rounds and numerous practice rounds and 1000's of Alternate shot games.

The day after I hit my first Double Eagle, ain't life weird.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 12 2015 10:21 AM

I don't believe for a second that a hole in one or a double eagle is something that you aim and plan to make. They just happen when they do. I have played real golf for 52 years and you don't stand on the tee and say watch this.

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Thu, Feb 12 2015 2:17 PM

oneeyedjohn:

JFidanza:
       Aim for a hole in one! It can't be that far off

Could be - took me 3 years and 3 thousand ranked rounds and numerous practice rounds and 1000's of Alternate shot games.

The day after I hit my first Double Eagle, ain't life weird.

I actually do have 1 of each. A hole in one and a double eagle but both were achieved in such a way that they "didn't count" for my personal statistics.  The hole in one happened in a match game on a par 3 on st andy and the double eagle on a par 5 at kiawah during an unranked stroke game while teaching a newer player how to flop shot.

Follow up from my last post, I bought the level 85 nike irons but that will be my last purchase on WGT unless I see a dramatic improvement in my game.  So far Im not particularly thrilled with them but we shall see how it goes before I throw in the towel and just play with WGT "eggs" for the rest of my days here

RSS