Forums

Help › Forums

The Thrill is Gone

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 12 2015 2:17 PM (42 replies)
  • BigDogRuns
    59 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 4:40 PM

This was a fun site for me, for over a year. But now, not so much. It was fun to work my way up to Legend, it was fun to try out the new equipment, and it was great to combine the two. But now, the distance to Tour Legend is just too far at the little increments I'm given. And more importantly, the distance between levels, and the lack of new equipment to try out and purchase is just, well, for me, boring. I log on daily still, get my 938 points or whatever for me and my country club, but, who cares. This site doesn't really seem to care, every 'exciting' new change is just an overly apparent attempt to increase revenue. Hey, spend wads of money and help win a country club tournament and you may get a ridiculously expensive putter (yeah, right) or. how about your cc getting gnome tees!!! It's just becoming a sucky site with nothing to do to keep interest, nothing really to play for, and I don't think I am alone in these thoughts. Try joining your favorite game when it's not Friday or Saturday night. See you all around, but probably not for much longer.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 5:58 PM

I think we all go through this at one time or another. I certainly have. I agree the distance from Legend to TL is totally ridiculous. I don't use the free starter balls which makes the expense to play 500 rounds a real burden. I think I made Legend after 1618 ranked rounds. This was a long time ago. I still need a bunch of rounds to be saturated. Trust me, the amount of beer this game makes me drink has me totally saturated, but I still haven't hit 500. Maybe try what I did. I played 1 hole a night just to keep my xp's going. I am playing more now for the fun with friends. I will get the 500 in eventually, but I never see myself getting my average low enough to make TL. Hang in there BigDog.

Renni

• BigBlockVettes
    738 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 6:01 PM

I don,t know if the thrill is gone or if your game has reached it,s peak. After looking at your stats the putting is not good enough for you to want to make T. LEG. Not being ugly just saying the problem as I see it is more about no improvement than where the game is headed. Players have been making T. LEG. with much less equipment than you have, its more about skill level brother. Practice on your game & maybe you will find one more bit of improvement, Don,t hate the game my man hate the player or in your case hate the player skills.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 6:05 PM

If asked to guess, I would say that everyone here has had different degrees of burn-out at some point. It is an awful situation. After a year of it (you), if progress is tedious and purpose and fun are hard to find, one must come up with private goals to aim at and plod along singularly focused on those little goals. I was fortunate. After about 3 years here, I was truly burned and dull. I had an education related desire that took me out of the country for 8 months and I didn't log on here even one time. When back home, I logged on and was so rusty and confused with play and dumbfounded to see many new courses and equiptment...it was new found treasure. I'm still here and one thing has never changed...I just like to hit shots and see what happens. I'm thankful for my simplicity.  ~ SP ~

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 6:07 PM

I go by a simple formula: If you're not having fun with this game... stop.  If you are enjoying it, keep playing.  Either way it's all good.  -Keith

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 6:40 PM

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 7:12 PM

[View:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbC4gqZGPSY

:">

crap//4got how to insert a vid...

oh well....

ADIOS  .....HOPE U FIND YER THRILL... ...

peace

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 8:53 PM
    Perhaps playing more AS games and less Blitz might help. Think of it more as a chance to have fun instead of a means to an end.
  • MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 9:35 PM

courteneyfish:

Perhaps playing more AS games and less Blitz might help. Think of it more as a chance to have fun instead of a means to an end.

This.  When the fun starts to go out of the game a few rounds of alt shot with friends is the best thing you can do.  Use a novelty ball if you can, the champagne one makes a great noise.

Forget about chasing targets and just have a laugh. 

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 9:44 PM

RSS