rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 12 2015 2:17 PM (42 replies)
  • Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2015 9:48 PM

MBaggese:

chris5214:

move on to something better, as i have .. <if u know what i mean>

Obviously not, being that you feel the need to swing back over to WGT...

Be nice to my friend Chris...He's bi-textual...he likes to spread his text in two places...

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2015 9:15 AM

Hey Dan, it's gr8 to see you & Chris back in the forums. If you guys are interested in a CC with a super active forum & full of fun members, come check out BridgeStone

• billst14
    1 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2015 10:17 AM

I agree with you somewhat..I refuse to spend money on any game site. Just because of tis, I get no freebees. I'm only a Pro level,however now believe that WGT stands for Wasted Good Time. I have on numerous occasions clicked to stop these pop ups for new clubs or balls and still get them. I have never seens a golf courseyet that has you hitting into a Headwind every time..May be shutting down as well. Good luck in the next place you play..

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2015 11:53 PM

I'm a bit late to this party but I liked the content (of the original post) so here I am...

I totally feel your pain about how boring this can be after X amount of months/years of the same monotony.  Granted I have only been on WGT for a tad under 4 months now, not nearly as long as some of you sharing the same sentiment but I feel like there is nothing else for me to do here.

I made legend in exactly 2 months and 5 days (I'm really good at keeping stats).  I have no idea if that's good or not but ever since then it just seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, nothing to "aim for" so to speak.  Not only are 500 rounds of "saturation" needed to achieve the next tier, but 500 rounds of 30/60 or below.  I'm 141 rounds into it now, 59 of which will actually help me advance if I ever make it that far.  

I like to think Im fairly decent at this game given my limited experience here but Im not nearly good enough to compete in any of those RG tournies or Virtual Tour.  Maybe its because Im bogged down by having to use lesser equipment due to my lower level (84), but the argument against that is others can and do advance and win those with lesser equipment.  RGs are pointless because the same small group of "elite" TLs sign up for every single one to cash in on the easy money while the rest of us continually donate.  ALT shot can be fun with the right people I suppose but the majority of the time lately it seems like there is nothing left to look forward to aside from tossing more money into a game that offers nothing in return aside from a chat platform with pretty golf graphics.  My $0.02.

-E

Disclaimer: No I didn't lose a game and get mad about it, and no i don't think the "elites" cheat (I think they are mega nerds)  I was just bored enough to browse the forums and liked the

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 2:02 PM

EricJeter:

I'm a bit late to this party but I liked the content (of the original post) so here I am...

I totally feel your pain about how boring this can be after X amount of months/years of the same monotony.  Granted I have only been on WGT for a tad under 4 months now, not nearly as long as some of you sharing the same sentiment but I feel like there is nothing else for me to do here.

I made legend in exactly 2 months and 5 days (I'm really good at keeping stats).  I have no idea if that's good or not but ever since then it just seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, nothing to "aim for" so to speak.  Not only are 500 rounds of "saturation" needed to achieve the next tier, but 500 rounds of 30/60 or below.  I'm 141 rounds into it now, 59 of which will actually help me advance if I ever make it that far.  

I like to think Im fairly decent at this game given my limited experience here but Im not nearly good enough to compete in any of those RG tournies or Virtual Tour.  Maybe its because Im bogged down by having to use lesser equipment due to my lower level (84), but the argument against that is others can and do advance and win those with lesser equipment.  RGs are pointless because the same small group of "elite" TLs sign up for every single one to cash in on the easy money while the rest of us continually donate.  ALT shot can be fun with the right people I suppose but the majority of the time lately it seems like there is nothing left to look forward to aside from tossing more money into a game that offers nothing in return aside from a chat platform with pretty golf graphics.  My $0.02.

-E

Disclaimer: No I didn't lose a game and get mad about it, and no i don't think the "elites" cheat (I think they are mega nerds)  I was just bored enough to browse the forums and liked the

You just stated that you feel like you are not good enough to compete in RG's but in the last 2 days you have played in 6. You must have credits to burn.

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 2:59 PM

mnshiner:

You just stated that you feel like you are not good enough to compete in RG's but in the last 2 days you have played in 6. You must have credits to burn.

Indeed I do.  I know going in that I'm never going to win but I still try to get better.  I pretty consistently get back half of whatever I put in though so I lose half as slow :)

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 2:27 AM

EricJeter:

but I feel like there is nothing else for me to do here.

I made legend in exactly 2 months and 5 days (I'm really good at keeping stats).  I have no idea if that's good or not but ever since then it just seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, nothing to "aim for" so to speak.

Aim for a hole in one! It can't be that far off.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 10:21 AM

i dont find this game to be getting boring at all, everyday its a challenge to post your best scores possible and become one of the best players in he game, you can always strive for more, however if you're content just being average/ordinary than so be it, some of us have the drive for excellence and wont relent until said excellence is achieved, its as simple as that.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 4:27 PM

Great attitude KRSKFR. I wish I could maintain the same attitude. As one of the old timers on here, I have gave it my best shot. I try and I try but am just getting worse. I won't blame the game, I don't care about the so called cheaters. I have spent way more money on here than a multitude of players who are way advanced of me. I believe it is time to cut my losses and maybe back away. I have made many many great friends on here. Each and every one of them have been willing to help me. Sad part is, they can't play the game for me. My reflexes have gone South, I can start a game on 4-5 different courses and be 3-4 under par, then it goes to pieces. I have become the bogey man. I believe at times it is the game, but I will take all the blame. My thrill is not totally gone, but it sure has waned. I am just going through the motions now. Nothing left for me to hope for. I applaud you on your attitude and hope you keep it and pass it on to new players.

Rich

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 8:53 PM

billst14:
    ,however now believe that WGT stands for Wasted Good Time

This statement jumps out at me. This resonates with me. I wonder why?

• RSS