Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Chat toggle switch

Tue, Aug 20 2024 12:33 AM (4 replies)
  • Zombielike
    6 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2024 8:37 AM

Why can't the chat feature be turned on or off in-game anymore? I usually play with the chat enabled, but sometimes people are obnoxious, and I want to disable it after starting the round. I know we can ignore chat by not clicking on the message box, but the 'new message' delivery can be distracting.

• ScottHope
    10,308 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2024 1:26 AM

If you open chat during a game you will see two icons top left, a green tick and a yellow exclamation mark. If you click the green tick it will change to a red X and chat will be disabled.

If you want to block chat for select players, click the yellow exclamation mark instead and choose the player/s you want to block.

If you enter a multiplayer game with someone who is already in your blocked player list, see here, then chat from that player will automatically be blocked.

• sesky
    3,492 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2024 6:30 AM

Scott, can you reverse the process? Couple of times I've started a game and forgot to turn chat on. I've gone back into the settings but the chat setting seems to have been disabled once the game started.

Thanks

• ScottHope
    10,308 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2024 7:41 AM

I'm not sure sesky, let me check.  ; )

EDIT : As far as I can make out, if you've turned chat off in the settings then you can't turn it back on while you are in a game. So my suggestion would be to leave it on in the settings and just turn it off/on from within the game.

• Yiannis1970
    3,284 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2024 12:33 AM

As Scott says. During the game you disable chat from the settings. You won't be able to see new posts anymore but they can read what you are posting. It's kinda like talking to yourself, only your posts will be displayed. If by some reason you restart the game, you need to do it again cause the chat comes back.

RSS