Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Q: non-standard bag, standard tee selection?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 23 2012 2:41 PM (32 replies)
  • 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 1:36 PM

alosso:
    I see that you have the lower-level Raptor 3WD in your bag. How does it perfom?

I can't complain.  It was also my 1st upgrade before a new driver. I played back and forth with 2 3Ws or the Starter Driver and the Raptor. 

It made sense to go with a better 3W (cost wise and usefulness)  Can't hit a Driver off the deck very well and those long approaches needed something more than a Starter 3W.  I rented the WGT Pro Driver during one of the free rental periods just to try it.  It was decent (like i mentioned earlier) and cheap so I gave it a go.

I don't want to sound like a cheap ass but buying Virtual clubs with real money really isnt in my budget.  It's a great game and it looks like it'll be here a long while.  Thanks WGT.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 2:11 PM

I'm on your side, costwise ;->

Those who want to compete must invest and those who do it for leisure may chose to conserve their money for other things. I prefer real green fees over virtual fees :o)

So, these two WGT clubs are good value for a good price, 500 cr against my 385 cr, performance better from the datasheets. If only the driver meter was slower...

OTOH, I'm struggling to get some rounds of Par or sub-Par under my belt. One reason is my inconsistent trigger and the other is the lack of backspin. Quite a few of these pin locations are so close to the front that I'm glad to stop the ball 10, 15 or more feet behind. This way birdies are hard to get.

And no, I won't upgrade.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 2:41 PM

I wouldnt go trading in that Lvl 47 3w but if you do come across some extra credits, the Driver (IMO) has been worth it to me.  250 cr compared to 900.  That's a no brainer to me.  Sure the meter is a little faster but easy to get used to.

My next visit to the pro shop will be to add another Lvl 41/42 Ping wedge.  I like the one I've got but could use at least 1 more.  200 cr and good stopping power. With the credits I just received for advancing to the Master Tier it wont cost me anything.

RSS