Forums

Help › Forums

Q: non-standard bag, standard tee selection?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 23 2012 2:41 PM (32 replies)
  • alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 5:12 AM

Yes, most of the time :-(

The more I play, the more I'm getting irritated. Maybe I should report it as a bug.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 2:49 PM

FWIW, a look at the stats:

Drive accuracy (fairway hits) is calculated with the 3WD, too,as it's rising further while I'm using it.

The drive average seems to be frozen, or it's too inert due to the no. of rounds I played.

Can't tell about the longest drive: The 3WD won't beat the 9.5° Raptor which I rented on last weekend.

Update:

It did!

LD was 297, and a decent road hit on STA #18 gave me 298. The stats show it.

Still waiting for the next award at 300 yds, though.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 6:12 PM

I was going to suggest putting the Ping in the 2nd slot to see if that would change anything but I tried it in my own bag 1st.  When I saved changes it automatically moved my Ping 3W to the 1st spot over the WGT 3W.  Oh well.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 10:58 PM

For a test, I put the WGT driver back in the bag, pos.#1. It showed up nicely on the tee, but in the selection window the WGT 3WD was in the first place.

WGT: There is some work to be done!

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 1:50 AM

:) if you are happy with your wood distance.... wait until you buy a driver... you will be happier... probably you won't be needing the wood until you tier up...

R11 low lever driver is a good choise, you can make it to legend with that ;)

jv

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 4:56 AM

Thank you for your opinion, jv, but not for now.

I had a rented Rapture driver in the bag on the weekend. Nice shots of 260/270 yds, longest was 297. Alas, it's too long for the (tour) pro tees (and for me, of course), too much trouble ahead.

As I'm only playing for leisure, I don't want to spend too much dough in the game. The equipment I rented (D, WD, Hy, irons, putter) would have exceeded 40 $, yet I had only one extraordinary result in two days, the others were mediocre. I learned that I'm not missing the length but precision on the trigger, and this seems to have become worse in the Tour Pro tier (more wind effect, less forgiveness on offsets from the ding).

This 3WD (Ping Rapture V2 (L47+)) was my only choice as a multi-purpose replacement for the Starter Driver. It has more power from the tee than the driver (+20 to +40 yds), it's a true weapon on the fairway (230 av., 270+ max vs. 200 of the Starter WD), it has a slow meter (see above), and at 385 cr it's a real bargain.

Above I expressed my only complaint concerning the default club selection. It can't be correct that I'm not presented the longest available club (which is in slot 1) if there is enough space ahead, both on the tee and on the fairway. It's a continous nuisance and unfortunately I oversee it sometimes.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 5:14 AM

alosso:
    This 3WD (Ping Rapture V2 (L47+)) was my only choice as a multi-purpose replacement for the Starter Driver. It has more power from the tee than the driver (+20 to +40 yds), it's a true weapon on the fairway

you have a point, specially because if it work for you, you have extra room for Wdg and Hibrid :)

Jv

• kmarline21
    442 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 5:29 AM

k

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 4:59 PM

alosso:
    I don't want to spend too much dough in the game.

The WGT Pro Driver I have in my bag is only 250 credits and I am very pleased with it. Currently playing St Andy's back 9.  #10 280 yds with 12 mph tailwind. #12 293 yds 13 mph crosswind slight tail. Drove the green putting for Eagle. #13 275 yds 9 mph tailwind. Ran out of fairway. #14 250 yds 12 mph headwind.

Sure Andy's has a good bit of roll but you get the idea.

Wound up -4 could have been at least 3 strokes better (putting)  Just advanced to Master with this round.  I'll have to update my Driver's performance once I get a few rounds in.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 1:33 AM

The results of the Ping Raptor 3WD in my bag aren't too much shorter, and I can play it from the fairways!

Edit: I see that you have the lower-level Raptor 3WD in your bag. How does it perfom?

RSS