Forums

Help › Forums

Q: non-standard bag, standard tee selection?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 23 2012 2:41 PM (32 replies)
  • LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:32 PM

I think the best way to go is to drop the WGT 3 wood and replace it with a new wedge; solve your tee issue and give yourself more short shot options in one fell swoop.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:54 PM

Agree with Leon, then drop the hybrid and replace with Rapture driver, unless $$$ is an issue

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:23 PM

Leon, Hews, thanks for coming back to the subject.

I rented a decent set of clubs over the weekend (D, WD, I, Putter) and, while it was nice to shoot so long, it didn't pay in the scores (missing the ding too often). OTOH, a full set of these clubs would cost about 5500 cr - 55 $ which I don't want to spend here.

Those Wds and H3 fit well together: 230+ yds, 205, 190, and the Rapture is REALLY hot! As a replacement for the WGT Driver, it's a real bargain: Longer, easier, useable from tee and fairway.

I'll keep my hands off the wedges until the next gratis renting campaign - too many choices.

Therefore, I want no more changes now.

Back to the question how to get the Rapture WD as the first choice on the tee?

In the club selection window, the sequence is correct following the yardage, but still the second club will be presented on the tee.

I'll try Jim's idea to empty the cache (once I found it).

Any other idea?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 4:57 AM

alosso:
    I'll try Jim's idea to empty the cache (once I found it).

Go here and delete wgt.com in the list.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:29 AM

Thanks again, Jim!

From today's experience, I suppose that it's not coming from the cache.

I posted my last comment after signing in today, before playing. After that I experienced, in this sequence:

- a tourney (OAK from blue tees), got the Ping WD, as I wanted.

- a stroke play challenge from a friend on KIA - back to the WGT WD, from the tee and even on the fairway with plenty of distance ahead. I was never presented the Ping.

I did not complete the next rounds:

- another tourney, OAK from white tees: Ping

- ranked round on STA (yellow): Ping

- ranked round on KIA (yellow): Ping

Now I think that it's a random thing - not a lot to do :-(

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:57 AM

alosso:
    Now I think that it's a random thing - not a lot to do :-(

If that is still happening you need to make sure you check it on the tee and change to the Ping. 

An inconvenience but the only thing you can do. I always check my club selection every shot. Had to many mistakes in the past.LOL:~))

MEL1950

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 7:59 AM

I had the same problem early on because i used my 3 wood off the tee. I didnt know very much about stats and by the time i figured it out my driving accuracy was terrible and is just now catching up. But like Jim said, stats are just stats.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 8:02 AM

Thanks, Mel, this is what I do. Alas, as a dedicated lazybones, I'd like to get some relief ;->

Of course we have to check on every shot because the club offered will be one too long frequently, and never less than PW.

The most annoying "habit" of the software is on the fringe. Regardless of the distance, always the longest putter is presented, and I'm used to think in terms of the short one. That may result in a pretty long putt back sometimes.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 5:16 PM

Talking about random:

Played the Winter Tour qualfier a few times today.

1st round: Ping 3WD (slot 1) defaults until I interrupt the game to restart my PC. Then, returning to the game, it's the WGT 3WD from slot 2 as a default.

2nd round: WGT 3WD defaults.

3rd round: Ping defaults again.

Now it definitely looks like a lottery, independent from the game played.

At least I recognize it from the direction&distance marker on the fairway, it shows different numbers.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 4:55 AM

alosso:

Now it definitely looks like a lottery, independent from the game played.

At least I recognize it from the direction&distance marker on the fairway, it shows different numbers.

LOL. Well, if anything, I think you're in tune enough with the problem to the point that you won't have trouble remembering to check before you hit.  ;-)

RSS