Forums

Help › Forums

Q: non-standard bag, standard tee selection?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 23 2012 2:41 PM (32 replies)
  • alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 1:09 PM

Hi there,

I need some help concerning the club selection out of the bag:

I've been using the WGT starter kit until today. Now I've bought a Ping 3W and included it into my bag. I have replaced the driver with that 3W (better distance, better performance) and use the WGT starter wood as the second club.

Usually, on the tee, the driver is selected if appropriate. Unfortunately I now have to select the Ping on most tees because it defaults to the WGT wood.

How can the Ping become the first and standard selection?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 1:28 PM

alosso:
    How can the Ping become the first and standard selection?

Try putting it in the first slot and then saving the setup. It probably won't work because it's a 3W in which case you would have to drop the driver. Carry the WGT 3W instead of the driver. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 2:29 PM

Thank you for your quick reply, Jim.

The setup has been from the beginning as you proposed it:

No driver in the bag, the Ping 3W is in the first slot, the WGT 3W second, and third is the WGT hybrid. Setup has been saved to play with this bag.

The second club come always first on the tee.

Any further suggestions?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 3:41 PM

Hmm, that's curious. If I carry 2 after market drivers (no WGT stuff) the first one comes up, even if I switch them. Short of carrying no other fairway club, I can't see where you could force the issue. 

One thing that might make a difference is if you cleared your Flash cache, equipped your bag like you did and then see if it sticks. Get the older files out of the cache and go from there.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 4:09 PM

the bag "set up" is normally by distance.

whatever clubs are in the bag, the longest will show first

eg i have the burner irons... 3 iron 220 yards, 4 iron 205 yards. sometimes i put my 210 yards hybrid in for ctth - replacing the 3 wood.

scrolling through the clubs . i see 3 iron followed by hybrid followed by 4 iron.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 4:30 PM

YankeeJim:
    Carry the WGT 3W instead of the driver. 
    Jim , with WGT's  current set-up, isn't  this no driver decision going to prove devastating to his fairway % during ranked stroke. I understand what he's trying to accomplish , just don't know if he's aware that 3 W from the tee-box  is stats tracked as a missed fairway. Of course his yardage increase may be far more important to him ,   just sayin'.

Ace 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 5:04 PM

Never thought of that, Ace, but that sure bears noting. I don't pay much attention to stats myself because of how skewed they are. Early players should take note and appreciate being able to have a chance at relevant ones.

TheAceFactor:
    3 W from the tee-box  is stats tracked as a missed fairway.

This ^^

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 5:28 PM

TheAceFactor:
    isn't  this no driver decision going to prove devastating to his fairway % during ranked stroke.

I don't think this is the case anymore.

In a RSG F9 RG the other day, I used my 3wood for the short DL par 4 (402 yards), at the end of the round I had 100% of fairways hit for that rounds stats...assume it transfers to driving accuracy as well for total stats.

• dosed
    71 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 5:54 PM

MBaggese:

TheAceFactor:
    isn't  this no driver decision going to prove devastating to his fairway % during ranked stroke.

I don't think this is the case anymore.

In a RSG F9 RG the other day, I used my 3wood for the short DL par 4 (402 yards), at the end of the round I had 100% of fairways hit for that rounds stats...assume it transfers to driving accuracy as well for total stats.

It does not, I swung a 3w off the tee for a while and even though it showed 100% fairways hit (when i did hit all the fairways) my driving accuracy took a beating it still has not recovered from

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 6:36 PM

dosed:
    It does not, I swung a 3w off the tee for a while and even though it showed 100% fairways hit (when i did hit all the fairways) my driving accuracy took a beating it still has not recovered from

Ahhhh...then it is accurate for your round, but not stats.

RSS