Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Which is your least favorite course and why?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 10 2013 1:28 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 7:27 PM

Bethpage is my fav, Royal is my least.

• Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 7:58 PM

First time I scored lower than 64 was at Bethpage.  Played 182 match play rounds to win the Diamond Match Play award just last month and I haven't counted but I think 92 to 100 of those rounds where this course.  Approach shots seem clever, drives are easy enough to hit taking out the "GOT DAMN IT FACTOR", aka. meter.  And the putts are flat enough for a hot putting round to score really low.  Haven't mastered it still, but it's a work of art. Least favorite is Royal St.George...Can't seem to stay on the fairway there, so I stay away from playing the course, only from time to time when a friend invite comes in and that person wants to play it, then I'll take the challenge, but I generally stay away.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 7:58 PM

Oakmount, because of the greens

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 8:46 PM

Fatherbrown:
    the "GOT DAMN IT FACTOR", aka. meter.

I LOVE IT!!!! 

Got milk?

Got damn it?

Anyway, RSG for me. Oakmont is a bear, but it's interesting. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 11:08 PM

The only good thing about Congressional is the Fantastic Clubhouse they have...looks sensational, but I hate the course.

Beth is my Favorite and I don't mind Cabo.

-Roger

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 1:10 AM

RSG no doubt about it..

There's that surface,those winds and them dang par 3's

• royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 2:31 AM

Bethpage   loathe it    Par 5, Converted to a Par 4,  jez ,  Some Love This Course,  Not me

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 6:31 AM

gozzbo:

tie between St Andy's and Royal St.  Not Gorgeous. Flat, treeless, wind-swept, boring goat ranches, suitable only for lawn bowling and long drive contests

Wash yer mooth oot laddie.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2013 1:28 PM

goldeena:

I think we have a new chumpion - Merion, terribly put together, lack of cameras on some holes, invisible flagsticks, bugged all over the place and the 5th is just a sick joke -I will never play the front 9 ever again.

Fave has got to be RSG - you bashers, it looks like a PROPER golf course, not some namby pamby gardening exhibition, buggless as far as I can see, breathtaking open air shots for miles around makes you really feel like you're there, and a cold, wet feeling makes you all glad to be back in the club house with a nice hot cup of TEA afterwards, a real sense of the grand battle between man and countryside too - it's an occasion not a round.

Love: RSG, Congressional, Oakmont

Hate: Merion, Olympic

I have different favorites, but those are my two "oh God" courses.

Merion is rather self-explanatory.  Olympic annoys the absolute crap out of me because of how trees just screw my drives up.  Sometimes I just line up my drives and swing away - I don't have the foresight to make sure there aren't a bunch of trees 3 feet to the left or right of the tee.

If you want to make trees alter people's shots, do it on iron approaches.  Don't make me have to hear "thwap thwap thwap" on my drives from my ball hitting trees because I didn't hit it laser-straight.

• PAGES
RSS