Forums

Help › Forums

Which is your least favorite course and why?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 10 2013 1:28 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RSmall42
    28 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 7:50 PM

Mine is Congressional, without question.

That course just seems to ... cheat me more than any others. Every other course has its ups and downs, good rounds and bad, but it "makes sense" more often than not.

Congressional though, just seems to rob you. Large breaks don't break. Slight breaks move the ball a foot or more (similar distance and ding). You make a couple really good long birdies and then you inexplicably miss short shots due to bogus break-physics and bogey them away.

It stands to reason I think that our least favorite course is the one we do the worst at, but even when I come away under par at Congressional, it feels more like I clawed some of the holes back after being repeatedly robbed.

So, how about everyone else? What is your least favorite course and why?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 11:43 AM

Oakmont. I've given up on it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 1:07 PM

Tie between Pinehurst and Harbour Town because I can't play stroke there.  ;-)

• gozzbo
    37 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 1:52 PM

tie between St Andy's and Royal St.  Not Gorgeous. Flat, treeless, wind-swept, boring goat ranches, suitable only for lawn bowling and long drive contests

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 4:19 PM

I find Congressional difficult because of the narrow fairways (not the best driver in the world lol). . . but Oakmare is def my bogey course . . . although strangely enough I do ok on CTTH there. Toughest CTTH course for me, by far, is Bali Hai

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 5:04 PM

gozzbo:

tie between St Andy's and Royal St.  Not Gorgeous. Flat, treeless, wind-swept, boring goat ranches, suitable only for lawn bowling and long drive contests

I agree 100%. 

• Silverslugger
    5 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 5:15 PM

i used to be scared to death of oakmont, but after playing it 80 consecutive days, i'm shooting 29's for 9 there...st. gorges sucks(brutal wind)...followed closely by congressional(too narrow)

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 6:03 PM

piztaker:

Oakmont. I've given up on it.

Not quite there yet, but getting close.  There really is nothing wrong with it....... that a bulldozer or some dynamite couldn't fix.  I just cannot play the course without at least two three putts (or worse) on what I would call good approach shots inside twelve feet or so.  Drives me crazy every time, but at least that's a short trip.  

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 7:08 PM

Congressional is a wonderful course, the best we have access to in my opinion. So many subtleties and nuances to it, the enjoyment of it increases everytime you play it.

Least favourite for me is St Andrews, drive, wedge, drive, wedge repeat to fade.....

• PAGES
RSS