Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Our pets

Mon, Jun 18 2012 7:44 AM (33 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 7:28 AM

So sorry Lucky, just picture him as a pup again running all over the place.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 7:41 AM

Recently I read a nice line about these tragic moments, attributed to a child:

"We humans have to grow up and learn to be good. A pet is good from the very start, that's why it may live shorter than we do."

With deepest sympathy!

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 8:14 AM

growing up in Mexico with a duck hunting dad i always had 3 or 4 labs running around,

so i was partial to DOGS. before we left got this little white ball of fur. dont know what it

was about that little thing, but unlike these 'celebrities' dogs she thought she was a Rottie.

she was great, her black lab buddy were always together. sometimes Sirvy would come

to see us with Kimmie hanging from an ear or lip, seriously, with that look of 'get this thing

off me before i shake. the funniest thin I remember about her is once we were out for a

stroll as she spotted the neighbors great dane. he must not of seen Kimmie cause as he

came to say hello, out of the bushes comes this little white streak, nothing funnier than

watching a 4 lb dog chase a full grown dane, running for his life. as i think of her, i get a

happy tear up. unfortunatly she passed in my moms arms while I was in the army in

Germany, i was told she decided to pass on my bed, sure hope i didnt break her heart.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 7:44 AM

Thanks to you all, Mr Poo ( don't ask ) as we called him had a good life. He was a happy dog, his life was food, food, food and park.

He had to say hello to his mates in the park young children loved him and he loved them, not a bad bone in him I cannot remember a time when he ever lost his temper. He was a good dog.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Lucky

RSS