Forums

Help › Forums

Our pets

Mon, Jun 18 2012 7:44 AM (33 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 3:53 PM

Really sorry to hear about your dog LuckySump. I'm not too much of a dog lover. I'm a cat lover. I've had cats since I was a little kid. I've got two now. Yoda and Vader are their names. And there names fit their personalities perfectly! But I don't consider them pets. I think it's safe to assume that all of us, know matter what kind of animal you love, consider them a part of your family. It will be a sad day when those two little fluff balls of terror transform into the force. So all you can do is have fun with them now, and cherish the moments you had with them when they are gone. Like the saying, "gone but not forgotten".

Master Yoda

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 4:02 PM

A number of years ago ,,  This guy two houses down had this dog named Micky ,

This Loser of a person would leave Micky out side all year long , Heat  , cold , snow .

Now then , I cut the old guys grass next door and would give Micky food and water .

One day , Micky got out of the fence and showed up on my back porch ,, My dad was so happy to make a new friend and did not want me to take Micky back .

A week goes by and this Loser moved out and just left Micky in the yard .

This dog came to live with us and my father and micky were best friend .

Dad was old and I think that Micky helped my dad live longer .

When dad pased away Micky was sad and with in a week he went to sleep and joined my father

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 4:20 PM

Your pets deserve the same love as your kids. They love you unconditionally. they are always there with the wagging tails when you come home. (unlike some wives). I have had pets for 60 yrs. I was a salesman for Jim Dandy pet food in the 80's. I have had Boxers, Saints, Sharpeis. Jacks, and mongrels. They have all been my kids. Now I have 2 squirrels, (for real, in the house), two Mancoon cats and two rabbits (lion heads). My apartment complex wants a $1,000.00 deposit for a dog. Will get my boxer again, that was the first dog I had, when I retire and get my mountain cabin. Your story touches my heart.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 7:47 PM

Very sorry to hear it Lucky.  Anyone that has gone through it, knows exactly how hard it can be.

It's the one reason I was so reluctant to get my kids their dog and cat.  But I did it anyway because I feel kids should have the enjoyment of growing up with family pets.  Just dread the time for when it comes.

As far as 2damnflashy,   what a dcik,  don't worry about people like him.  Look me up for a game sometime.

Hazen

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 6:11 AM

Just seen this video on Yahoo news and I instantly thought of this thread.

Being prior service US Army,  I know what it feels like to both leave on deployment and returning from them.   This brought tears to my eyes...

The video has two articles in it,  the first one is the one that made me post it....

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 6:55 AM

They are like that, happy to see you even when you've just gone down the local shops. Merlin just wanders over Stump wagging looking for a cuddle. Jim on the other hand Just go's Nuts,  Jumping, Wagging, Bending and Woofing ( not a Bark but almost ).

Merlin is still here, he's started to sag a little, blind as a Bat and a bit Gnarly likes to go at his pace, he has a lump in his throat that we have to keep an eye on, but the vets warned us its only a matter of time ( i'm getting a diffrent kind of lump in my throat as i write this ).

To leave on a good note Jim is bounding round the garden at this very moment playing with a lump of wood, its his friend,  its name is Woody ( sorry ), Merlins just soaking up some Sun,  looking at Jim with Despair, lol  

Keep Woofing.

Lucky

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:34 AM

Yoda79:

Really sorry to hear about your dog LuckySump. I'm not too much of a dog lover. I'm a cat lover. I've had cats since I was a little kid. I've got two now. Yoda and Vader are their names. And there names fit their personalities perfectly! But I don't consider them pets. I think it's safe to assume that all of us, know matter what kind of animal you love, consider them a part of your family. It will be a sad day when those two little fluff balls of terror transform into the force. So all you can do is have fun with them now, and cherish the moments you had with them when they are gone. Like the saying, "gone but not forgotten".

Master Yoda

I had no idea Master Yoda had a Cat, ah well,  you learn something new every day.  I don't think it matters what Pet you have, you can have a Cat, Horse, Rat or Dog ( kept the Dog and Cats apart ),  when they leave you it hurts,  they are part of the family and you feel their loss.

Please don't mention this conversation to Jim please,  not too happy with Cats, the neighbour's Cat sits on top of their Shed just out of reach, winds Jim up a treat.

Keep um on the Green stuff

Lucky

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 3:49 PM

It works both ways:

Petty Officer Jon T. Tumilson was laid to rest Friday in Rockford, Iowa, where an estimated 1,500 mourners came to pay respects for the fallen Navy SEAL, including his dog Hawkeye. In fact, Hakeye’s loyalty to his owner at the funeral was visible, creating a heart-wrenching image as he laid down by the casket of his owner during the entire service

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 4:42 PM

Dogs don't care who they Love, they just Love.

Thank you DannyPhan for something so Beautiful.

I am in your debt. 

Lucky

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 7:01 PM

I feel what your saying lucky.We had a dog for 12 years (yogi) and then that day came.A very difficult thing to do but it was for the best.And we vowed never to have another pet.Well then a month went by i woke up on and told my wife i wanted to go to the local shelter and what do you think i saw? a twin to yogi so i went to the desk to get some information and i found out that someone had left him tied up at the door 3 nights before and they figured him to around 10 years old and he looked so sad in that cage there was no way in hell i was leaving him there. Well he came home with us and got the name scooter.We had 4 great years with him and then that day came again and it was no less difficult this time around.I guess the point im getting at is that we were able to give one pet a loving home for his whole life and another pet a home for the rest of his life rather than spend it in a cage.And folks that's better than millions of other animals ever get.So i think we can all take a good look at our pets and know they would do the same for us.

RSS