Forums

Help › Forums

Olympic Hole by Hole-Bring on Qualifying :)

Thu, May 10 2012 7:58 AM (122 replies)
  • GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 4:30 AM

chrisironsbones:

What, go to stroke play, then invite players?

Nope, just tee off

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 4:35 AM

Tee'd off at Best of, Kiwah, R.S.G, Best of again, Bethpage, then thought this is not happening, then 6th attempt, FINALLY i saw OLYMPIC CLUB POP UP!. AT last.nice 1

Its a lovely course, awesome!.  I thought it might be easy when i saw the hole by hole from hack tees until i played from the legend tees!.  Even hit the tree on #1 with my first drive.  The breaks in the greens are very accurate too managed 2 x17 foot putts, i would have posted a decent score too if i hadn't have missed a sitter from 6 feet on #9 with a 4 ins downslope for birdie rather than the 3 put it then cost me.lol.  Well happy with 30 for first attempt. (even with 2 bogeys!)  The handy thing is YOU CAN JUST CLICK PLAY AGAIN!

Anyway, managed to birdie #1 on 2nd attempt, the trick i used was to aim left side of tree then hit a touch late on meter, although my shot still went through the tree it didn't hit a branch??

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 5:02 AM

chrisironsbones:
    i would have posted a decent score too if i hadn't have missed a sitter from 6 feet on #9

You're beginning to sound stuck up. WTF is wrong with a 30 first time out?

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 5:07 AM

YankeeJim:

chrisironsbones:
    i would have posted a decent score too if i hadn't have missed a sitter from 6 feet on #9

You're beginning to sound stuck up. WTF is wrong with a 30 first time out?

When you see Dons 28 first time round, i saw my score as average.....nothing WRONG with it, just average when you see 2 bogeys in there as well

And well done RUNWME for putting even faster way through, beats an hour trying.lol. nice 1 don

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 5:14 AM

My first time included a lucky eagle on 7. Hit driver full backspin early clicked accidently,   it kicked off fringe near bunker and ran up for easy putt. A poor shot with excellent result. Dont you love it when that happens?

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 5:17 AM

Man, WGT is is challenging us in multiple ways.....Sherlock Holmes wouldn't have done it better ;-). gr8 finds by YJ and Don.

cheers, GC

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 5:18 AM

The horse has sure galloped out the "open" stable door this time.  Wonder if heads will roll in the WGT HQ!!!!!   And i also thought BETA testers got paid.LOL

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 5:26 AM

chrisironsbones:

The horse has sure galloped out the "open" stable door this time.  Wonder if heads will roll in the WGT HQ!!!!!   And i also thought BETA testers got paid.LOL

LOL. What better way to see if it works than to "leak it" and sit back and watch. If something doesn't go right they can always fall back on "We didn't release it yet." 

When Skins first came out there was a "portal" to get you in the game but it was so messed up WGT closed that down until they fixed the format. They surely could do the same here but the pre-tourney hype is picking up speed and the course seems to be working OK so maybe they're just watching to see what happens.  :-)

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 5:31 AM

GoodyChamp:

Man, WGT is is challenging us in multiple ways.....Sherlock Holmes wouldn't have done it better ;-). gr8 finds by YJ and Don.

cheers, GC

I didnt come up with way in, just passing it along.  Think Priestess gets credit for find. Cool of everyone to share info.  Hope they dont shut the backdoor. Fun feeling  that you  snuck on the course. 

• Minkywinkster
    1,777 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 5:35 AM

Thank you Jim and Don for pointing the way in....shot a 28 first time out,  thought I had eagled #1 until I realised it was a 533 yard par FOUR!!

RSS