Forums

Help › Forums

Olympic Hole by Hole-Bring on Qualifying :)

Thu, May 10 2012 7:58 AM (122 replies)
  • RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 6:33 AM

Just finished playing the course hole by hole from hack tees. Full stroke isnt out yet. Here is a cool sneak peek into whats coming.

2 thumbs way up to Icon and WGT.

http://www.wgt.com/courses/details.aspx?course=OlympicClub&name=The_Olympic_Club_Lake_Course

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 6:34 AM

Ill put some course info here... for starters

Par 70 course

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 6:45 AM

I can see the scoring being much lower than Congressional, dread to think what the cut will be.lol, but hopefully course wil be tougher with stronger winds, #7 & #17 look possible eagles (with favourable wind and land above shelf on 7) and i've all ready came within a inch of hole in 1 on #15 at first attempt.  Cant wait to play it without the re-load.  Greens seem accurate too.

I don't really think WGT wanted us to be playing the course on the fly, spoiling our surprise!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 6:46 AM

Hole 16 should be a par 6 lmao!   

Nice layout Run,  good post.

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 6:59 AM

hpurey:

Hole 16 should be a par 6 lmao!   

Nice layout Run,  good post.

Thanks  :) #16 is no gem!  You have to shape your first 2 shots right to left and even off the hack tees  it takes 3 shots to reach the green.  A 20 mph right to left quartering tailwind would be perfect for this hole. Who wants to bet when we play the Open its opposite 20mph left to right in your face wind? lol

Right off the bat I hit a squirrel on hole #7 off the drive. (sorry about that renniw52)  Saved it in my replays as looked cool from view 3 but it didn't save correctly when went back later to view it.

This course could  see some very low scores. Its 373  yrds shorter than congressional  from Legend tees 7546 ccc  v s 7173 Olympic.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 7:04 AM

RUNWME:
    Right off the bat I hit a squirrel on hole #7 off the drive.  Saved it in my replays as looked cool from view 3 but it didn't save correctly when went back later to view it.

LOL..what, those furry little animals that eat nuts and live in trees..Would be even better if the little rodent thought it was a juicy big nut, carried it to his nest, then dropped it near the hole whilst scampering through the green after being scared off by an angry don looking for his ball.(i've hit a sheep right between the ears with my 5 iron on my local course, was worth the green fee's just for that shot)

Same here, all my replays are an invisible shot from hole #1, the testers need to be testing the replays too.

Had the taster, cant wait for qualifiers, another superb addition and another course to truly keep my even more addicted.   well done. Another beautifully photographed course

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 7:16 AM

How are you playing already?

Heath

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 7:19 AM

Chris found the way in http://www.wgt.com/courses/details.aspx?course=OlympicClub&name=The_Olympic_Club_Lake_Course

Have to play hole by hole off the hack tees. Full stroke isnt out yet  but its a cool look at the course.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 8:16 AM

Or just click the new Olympic logo in the game browser-top right hand corner. Plus check out MisterWGT's profile.

Betting this weekend.  ;-)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 9:36 AM

Nice perspectives, YJ!

I played the 18 holes one by one, -2 from the front tees, enjoyed the crooked course and the nice views (wonder which creek is there close to the closing holes).

I can't wait to play 9 or 18 holes uninterrupted - it's still blocked.

One item left me dumbstruck:

On the describing pages of the holes, I found this:

The Olympic Club Recent Top Scores on WGT
    40         May 02     95W...
    49         May 02     bigj...
    43         May 02     PhilM...

(anonymised by me)

These are real WGT players like you and me (?) - how could they pass the guards and play!?!

RSS