Forums

Help › Forums

Olympic Hole by Hole-Bring on Qualifying :)

Thu, May 10 2012 7:58 AM (122 replies)
  • skccvb
    799 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 2:37 PM

Do NOT use backspin off tee on #5 - reg shot will go under tree limbs, backspin will not go over...

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 3:18 PM

PS Hole # 5 can ruin your day! LOL If you hit the tree (tiny limbs hanging down, the shot goes about 100 yards. Bogey or worse awaits.

Beautiful, but challenging course!

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 5:41 PM

BOXALL:

skccvb:

How do you get to play 9 hole stroke? I can only access the CTTH.

Go into a single stroke play game from the menu and choose a ranked random round. It may take a few times bit it should eventually select Olympic Front 9.

If you receive a challenge and accept then when the game is loading, copy the link ,then close the window.

On re-opening ,paste the link but change the bit where it says front_9, to full_18.

It is then possible to play the full course.

• nine76chris
    92 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 6:48 PM

Love the course! Pulled a 29 and a 31.  Just couldn't get the eagle putt on the very short par 4...

stevereilly:
    On re-opening ,paste the link but change the bit where it says front_9, to full_18.  It is then possible to play the full course.

Thx, good to know.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2012 11:25 PM

stevereilly:
    On re-opening ,paste the link but change the bit where it says front_9, to full_18.

This is handy to know..  have played a few using the RANDOM method and got in on the first attempt today.

The Challenge friends email is a ripper.

cant imagine why folks think it is easier to load up hole by hole.

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 12:42 AM

stevereilly:

BOXALL:

skccvb:

Go into a single stroke play game from the menu and choose a ranked random round. It may take a few times bit it should eventually select Olympic Front 9.

If you receive a challenge and accept then when the game is loading, copy the link ,then close the window.

I tried this but it only let me play 9 holes...Is it working for you?  Must you close the window while it's still loading?    Any tips?

tx 

--bear

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 3:29 AM

bearclaw27:

stevereilly:

BOXALL:

skccvb:

I tried this but it only let me play 9 holes...Is it working for you?  Must you close the window while it's still loading?    Any tips?

tx 

--bear

Yes, you must close the window before it finishes loading, then on re-opening the window change the part of the link that says front_9 to full_18.

After you have finished the round, you can then challenge upto 10 players, giving them the opportunity to play 18 holes

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 3:54 AM

stevereilly:

If like me (cue the violins) you don't have many friends, and don't get sent many challenges. you can remove (challenge id) from the address and still play 18 holes from an already used challenge.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 3:59 AM

Well it anyone feels like sending me a challenge! I've sent a few but have had none back...

RSS