Sat, May 19 2012 8:20 PM (31 replies)
  • mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2012 9:49 AM

you remind me of myself and how i was.... o wait im still the same lol

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2012 11:18 AM

Repeat after me:  We are powerless over WGT. We beseech a higher power to give us good VEM, a smooth meter, and great playing partners. We pray to learn how to putt on Olympic. We routinely swear off the game (for all of maybe 23.5 hours) until we need to log on to hit at least 1 shot for our bonus. We squander many hours of 'real life' to live in a virtual one. We heavily debate within ourselves whether we will continue to pay a premium for countless Nikes which go astray routinely, lost forever, or use those same funds to actually buy real golf balls and pay green fees to actually play golf. 

There is no cure. There is no hope. There is no other way. LOL

• buddysal
    7 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2012 3:52 PM

The tourney bug has bit me now, after trying it the first time and shooting a -3 on a 9 hole its addictive, just shot a -2 on a 18 hole one for this week, probably wont stand but atleast im tied for 3rd so far haha. I've spent an entire vacation basically playing this off and on, I go back to work tonight and work this week then im on vacation again LOL. It's all good I just cant mess up my consecutive days played :P

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 5:48 PM

sounds like you have caught the bug, wellcome and you  1 day will be screaming at your computer screen  "if i just hit the f..king ding". 

• eprize1701
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 8:07 PM

Started playing a month ago,, and its addictive as all get out.. I love it,,, (now if I can just learn to freakin' putt! Have fun all..

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 10:00 PM

Welcome, just have fun, and you will do very well

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 11:11 PM

Welcome to the world of WGT.  Just remember... the secrat to this game (It's only a Game) is to have fun.

As previously said...  This game is very addictive and if you have a partner... good luck...lol

Cheers

Roger

• bsnewbert
    44 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2012 5:21 AM

i have been here 180+ days and still cant putt.   welcome anyway  :)

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2012 5:42 AM

i'm contemplating seeing a therapist about this addiction ..

wonder which will be best .. psycologist ? lifestyle coach ? maybe speech therapist .. noticed i started swearing abit more than usual .. i imagine somewhere in the back of my mind it must be bothering me i think ..

ok, back to my game ..

• marks84
    184 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2012 7:48 AM

skccvb:

Repeat after me:  We are powerless over WGT. We beseech a higher power to give us good VEM, a smooth meter, and great playing partners. We pray to learn how to putt on Olympic. We routinely swear off the game (for all of maybe 23.5 hours) until we need to log on to hit at least 1 shot for our bonus. We squander many hours of 'real life' to live in a virtual one. We heavily debate within ourselves whether we will continue to pay a premium for countless Nikes which go astray routinely, lost forever, or use those same funds to actually buy real golf balls and pay green fees to actually play golf. 

There is no cure. There is no hope. There is no other way. LOL

I love it!!!   One of the best post i've ever read... tyvm skc.  Hope you don't mind that I did the copy paste thing to word so I could print it out.   NOw.... if i could just figure out how to put it on my profile as my status quote.   lol.

Thanks again skc

RSS