Forums

Help › Forums

New

Sat, May 19 2012 8:20 PM (31 replies)
  • buddysal
    7 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 8:54 PM

After playing 4 days now and bumping up to pro I think I am addicted. I seem to have some issues hitting par with my best 18 round score so far being 74 I think? LOL oh well will get better with time i suppose. It's definitely addicting and cant seem to pull myself away from the computer now that i've stumbled across WGT.

Now the search for a country club!

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 10:14 PM

welcome, enjoy the game!

cheers,

b0gey

• buddysal
    7 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 10:28 PM

Thanks!

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 10:29 PM

buddysal:

Do not jump right into any ole Country Club. Get some rounds under your belt and get credits to upgrade your equipment (not mandatory but helpful) and then get a feel of the community. In other words shop around for a couple of weeks before making a choice. 

• buddysal
    7 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 10:40 PM

Thanks for the tips! I havnt done anything major as far as upgrades besides trying out some of the cheaper balls, changing to the 54 and 60deg wedges, and bumping up the driver. ahh yea and bumped the irons up to tour plus I think is the name? anyhow payday is around the corner haha.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 10:07 AM

Take your time ,  practice and practice some more ,   then join a CC  , and yes this game come with an addiction LOL ........  its all good   good luck ......

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 12:10 PM

buddysal:

After playing 4 days now and bumping up to pro I think I am addicted. I seem to have some issues hitting par with my best 18 round score so far being 74 I think? LOL oh well will get better with time i suppose. It's definitely addicting and cant seem to pull myself away from the computer now that i've stumbled across WGT.

If your attached to some other person sharing your life, be prepared!  For what you say?  You'll find out.  Free.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 1:40 PM

buddysal:
    After playing 4 days now and bumping up to pro I think I am addicted.

LOL.Been denying that for 3 years. It only gets worse. Last chance to save yourself.  ;-)

• buddysal
    7 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 8:25 PM

haha I hear all of what you guys are saying, My wife has seen the effects all too well over the last couple days, fortunately I'm on vacation from work so I have nothing to get in my way for atleast the next 2 weeks anyways :)

As far as purchasing new/better clubs whats some to look in to? maybe some to rent and try out before making a purchase? I've heard alot of people talk about the R11 set which comes available @ L32 i believe? I'm sitting at 27 currently. 

One more question. When upgrading clubs is it wise to also upgrade the putter? Is there that much of a difference? I know "drive for show putt for dough" and I pretty much suck at putting in real life also LOL. 

• Slowwedge
    143 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 1:43 AM

Let's start an Anonomys WGT-player club for all addicts.

We can meet when sitting in cigar smoke and scents of beer and whisky in front of our computers late nights. We can talk about missed putts, strange drives and misplaced bunkers.

Also a place for talking down WGT, quitters, sandbaggers, cheaters and bullying legends.

And a place for advice to change your addiction to chess on line.

RSS