Forums

Help › Forums

C'mon WGT, be honest....

Tue, May 29 2012 7:51 AM (67 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 5:57 PM

@Glass,

I think it's for the good in a way. I certainly don't want to start a game and just birdie every hole like it was nothing. Players shouldn't take one shot for granite in this game, period. I think the better players will say this as well.

This game is out to beat us, and won't give us an ounce of leeway in the slightest. Players don't understand this it seems. Its a learning curve per se. Take Tiger for example, you get out of practice of how the game plays, and it all changes.

I've always said, a player can't play a few rounds a day and expect to be good all of a sudden. When you were scoring sub-30 rounds in earlier days, you were probably playing more often perhaps.

I say keep at it Glass. It always turns around with more game-play.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 6:00 PM

jvr86:

also there is the other option: that is probably true but I can't be 100% sure...

and is that game doesn't play the same for everyone!

Its because not everyone knows how to play this game my friend. Its always easier to blame something or someone else for their misfortune. IMO

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 6:03 PM

MBaggese:
    Some days on some courses a missed ding is 40 feet offline, other days the same miss is 12 feet

Hi MB,

I never miss that far on off ding hits. I'm usually 9 to 20 feet away from the pin on missed ding hits. If I could make those birdies coming in, I'd be in there. LOL!!

I mostly miss on the right side of ding and get the help from the clubs precision. Not 100% of the time though. : )

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 6:28 PM

Richard4168:

I've always said, a player can't play a few rounds a day and expect to be good all of a sudden. When you were scoring sub-30 rounds in earlier days, you were probably playing more often perhaps.

I say keep at it Glass. It always turns around with more game-play.

I play as much now as I ever have, and shoot low scores more often since making legend than I ever did before. I attribute that to practice and understanding of how the game plays, remembering slopes of fairways, knowing best spots to hit greens, etc. Just shot a 60 on Congressional earlier today, nothing to brag about... but in that round shots went where they should. Dinged shots, and shots I missed where I wanted to miss, ended up close. Shots I mishit ended up in the rough or in a bunker, leaving me scrambling for par. That's the way it should be. I will be keeping at it, I never made any assertion that I wasn't planning on it. 

Richard4168:
    This game is out to beat us, and won't give us an ounce of leeway in the slightest. Players don't understand this it seems. Its a learning curve per se.

Here is where I disagree, I know I played terribly in the round I mentioned earlier played last night. Couldn't get anywhere near the ding, and most often missed on the wrong side (with the wind), but my shots all went where I wanted them to go, not where my input dictated they should go.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 6:50 PM

Oooooooooo!!!! Watch out Richard! LMAOI!

HAWK

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 6:53 PM

DylynJ:

Richard's stats

Par 3 Score Avg. 2.91
    Par 4 Score Avg. 3.80
    Par 5 Score Avg.

Dylyn's stats

Par 3 Score Avg. 2.81
    Par 4 Score Avg. 3.74
    Par 5 Score Avg. 4.34

Scrambling:

Richard's

Sand Save % 66.99%
    Scrambling %

70.95%

Dylyn's

Sand Save % 74.67%
    Scrambling %

79.49%

Putting:

Richard's

One Putt % 49.36%
    Two Putt % 46.98%

Dylyn's

One Putt % 50.27%
    Two Putt % 46.11%

BeachedMulligans Stats: 0 f.uck.s given. 

Stats mean nothing about your next round. Go play it and stop bickering like children.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 7:03 PM

Not bickering in the least BM. I'm trying to figure out what a TM stats means to my Legend stats.

I'm playing bud. I just shot a 31 in high winds in the weekly 9 at CCC. Its not the best round, but it is good for 9th place. LOL!!!

Also, I'm trying to get all these whining players who don't know how to play this game to stop complaining and just play the game. And stop them from coming to the forums with every missed drive, approach shot, pitch shot, chip shot, and putt they take. Its their fault 99% of the time and they need to deal with it. : )

LOL!!!

RSS