Forums

Help › Forums

C'mon WGT, be honest....

Tue, May 29 2012 7:51 AM (67 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 3:14 PM

where's our friend ICON on this ?? Icon ? Hlo ? Care to give some comment cause i see ur posts elsewhere ... but they seem absent from these kinda threads ... just any old comment will do ..

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 3:22 PM

I read real well, comprehension 99%.  You thought I had a problem?  Better talk to some one else, I understood what You wrote.  my nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 3:25 PM

pb1711:

...Are there some new irons coming out?

The reason I ask is cause my R11's just aren't the same. I have noticed a few head scratchers over the last few days, but 1 thing seems to be happening quite a bit. That is when I ding my shot with a slight right to left wind, my ball flies right and ends up landing on the line that I was originally aiming for. The first couple of times I just shrugged it off my eyes deceiving me, however after seeing it more and more I now know that I'm not going crazy. 

Anyone else having this?

Hmmm, You obviously don't play baseball, never heard of a curve ball?  Free this time.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 3:32 PM

BIGSAUR:

thebigeasy707:

problems/vem/wonky results etc will effect different people at different times.

Agree. Just skilled players can notice that, expecially those ones that have a mathematical approach to the game. WGT will not care if 30 players will get annoyed of that, if all the others are ok and don't notice it.

Please I must be in the dark, explain to me just how "skilled" you have to be to know that something isn't quite correct?  You might also explain to me how anyone could have a great deal of sucess playing at WGT without using mathmatics to at least frame the shot?

What makes you think that in the short term WGT cares about anyones game?

The more you write the more questions that arise.  my nickle.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 4:39 PM

@Glassman,

When I play tournaments, I don't even experience what you and some of the other players complain about at all. Its almost insane how this game can be so good for some, and so terrible for others. I've never experienced such poor game-play as some players explain.

Are you sure you compensated for the wind correctly? Restart and try to play the shot again, only remember what you did the previous time and try to correctly compensate for the wind the second go round.

This sort of leads me to believe, against popular players beliefs, that if you score good on one round, the very next round is full of deviations and less accurate shots. i.e.,VEM! Its in plain black and white in the patent.

I know the better players disagree with this and to a degree I do as well, but ones eyes don't lie with what they see before them, apparently.

P.S. Not trying to start conspiracy theories.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 5:28 PM

DylynJ:
    If your game runs so well then why aren't you up on the leader boards and monthly earnings like everyone else who always has a perfect meter and no substantial deviations?

This would be laughable if it wasn't the most ignorant statement ever written. : )

That statement is saying you can't play good because the game won't let you for whatever reason. Give me a break! lol

DylynJ:
    You're too busy attempting to debunk what you don't even know.

First of all, I've forgot more about this game then you'll ever know. Secondly, I score more sub-30 rounds as a Legend player then you ever had as a Tour Master or below. Your point is moot. Get off the sissy tees and get to the big boys and girls tees before you start talking smack.

There's nothing wrong with this game and you and the other complainers just need to learn how to play it. LOL!!

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 5:44 PM

Richard4168:
    This sort of leads me to believe, against popular players beliefs, that if you score good on one round, the very next round is full of deviations and less accurate shots. i.e.,VEM! Its in plain black and white in the patent.

This was the whole point of my last post. One round, no matter how well I play (single digit winds are pretty easy to figure out), the shots just don't go where they 'should', i.e. where they have went from past experience. The next round, I can hit terrible shots (much like my RG round last night, just couldn't figure out where the ding was hiding), and everything seems to be on a string to the hole. When I'm on, I've shot plenty of 27-28's, the one I shot last night was undeserved, and I know that from experience. The VEM is very real, and it most definitely works both ways, that's the lottery aspect of the game. I'm still moderately new here (600ish ranked rounds), but I personally have never noticed the extremes as often as I am seeing them now. I'm used to the odd WTF shot every here and there, now it's entire WTF rounds.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 5:46 PM

I'm going to try and be a small voice of reason, just hear me out.

I am basing my observations on 3-6 RG's a day.

I can honestly say that if I am dinging it, I'm going to be close to the hole.

Some days on some courses a missed ding is 40 feet offline, other days the same miss is 12 feet.

Now, what I notice, even on the bad miss days, the ding still is King and plays at it should.

I've fought the ding and posted a 31 in a SA F9 low ind RG and made credits, I've had the rounds where I posted a 29 missing like crazy, just to break even.

Why do I bring this up?  Well, personally I think each course plays easy or hard for that particular day, we may get frustrated in a high wind RG when we hit early to hold our line, yet the ball stays straight and ignores a 30mph cross wind, when the day before, it landed 3 feet from the hole..

I think this is evident when you review the leader board, some days a 30 wins a RG,, same course the next round a 26 wins it.

I really think those that adjust and see this early, have a better chance of posting a good score.

I can only offer up two cents, because Lee is much older than me and saved more pennies that he has converted;)

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 5:46 PM

Richard4168:
    There's nothing wrong with this game and you and the other complainers just need to learn how to play it. LOL!!

when someone really know how to play, then he/she notice all the stuff we all talk about...

... also there is the other option: that is probably true but I can't be 100% sure...

and is that game doesn't play the same for everyone!....

For example I can't miss on any side of the meter to adjust for wind, like the way some of the top player show in their videos. With small side wind and small miss ding to adjust.... for me that is just impossible... even pixel miss on my side mean, best scenario, 12yrd deviation. 

...I think the difference between WGT and PokerStars is that in here we can´t bluff...  :)

RSS