Forums

Help › Forums

C'mon WGT, be honest....

Tue, May 29 2012 7:51 AM (67 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 7:30 PM

Regarding stats, what I think is neat in one aspect, is they are representative of all yur rounds, back in the day as a hack 5 putting, etc.

But (mentioned before) after you turn legend and see the stats start to become better bit by bit, you know you are playing better.

Just sharing.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 7:34 PM

Richard4168:

Not bickering in the least BM. I'm trying to figure out what a TM stats means to my Legend stats.

I'm playing bud. I just shot a 31 in high winds in the weekly 9 at CCC. Its not the best round, but it is good for 9th place. LOL!!!

Also, I'm trying to get all these whining players who don't know how to play this game to stop complaining and just play the game. And stop them from coming to the forums with every missed drive, approach shot, pitch shot, chip shot, and putt they take. Its their fault 99% of the time and they need to deal with it. : )

LOL!!!

Amen Richard!  I've been commenting about the complainers on here also but it never stops.  Everyone wants to blame someone else and not put the blame on themselves when something doesn't go their way.  Especially those that have spent a lot of money to "improve" their game.  What they don't understand is that it takes practice and skill... doesn't matter how much they spend if they don't either understand the need to practice and takes notes (if necessary) or they potentially don't have the ability to shoot low scores....  oh well... I'll be happy to take their credits :-)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 7:36 PM

Amen Cycle, and MB.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 7:43 PM

DylynJ:
    Your stats are a representation of your time here on WGT. NOT strictly as a legend.

I'm not on you at all. I answered to your quoted post.

And just so you know, I've been a Legend player longer than all the time it took me to become a Legend player.

Play well DylynJ.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 7:46 PM

DylynJ:

Yeah I'm not the greatest player.. not a "natural"... that's fine.

Yet with all due respect to everyone in these forums... don't lump me in with  the complainers and cannot's.

I really don't deserve that

Very well DylynJ. I don't ever want to see dissension between anyone at WGT.com.

And just so you know, I never mentioned anyone's name either.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 8:54 PM

Richard4168:

jvr86:

also there is the other option: that is probably true but I can't be 100% sure...

and is that game doesn't play the same for everyone!

Its because not everyone knows how to play this game my friend. Its always easier to blame something or someone else for their misfortune. IMO

hmm... Im pretty sure I can play decent most of the time :)... well At least around 50% of the time I can play lol, the other half: the practice, notes, and skills are gone!  

But you know what? is OK, If everyone experiment the same things, this mean we are all in a fair competition, and If I have twisted shot, all the players in my same tournament will have them too....

but you are saying your game play perfectly, and others players say the same... So what Can I asume? two things:

1- or they dont know how to play: mean that they don't notice when something is wrong

2- or game don't play the same: mean I with few other experiment a different game format.

just to clarify Richard, I'm not trying to fight you, and my apologies if any moment I disrespect you :) I'm just trying to express my opinion, and give some points to the debate. 

Cheers

J

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 10:17 PM

No disrespect taking in any way, shape, or form jvr86.

Here's the problem though. Some players expect this game to be perfect on every shot. This game was never made to be perfect on every shot like [TWO] (Tiger Woods Online).

There is deviations programmed into the game that are suppose to replicate real golf. A lot of players are unaware of this I believe. I think the program is right on, IMO. Some other players disagree, and there will never be a consensus on this issue.

The reason - they think the game is bugged, or some how the game causes them to hit aberrant shots, continuously. If I or other players don't see these anomaly's and are able to still post good scores, it has to be that the people who complain aren't playing the game properly. 

I've already asked the question jvr, how can this game play good for some and not others? This is a question for WGT, or an IT Tech to answer.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, May 29 2012 12:09 AM

Richard4168:
    No disrespect taking in any way, shape, or form jvr86.

Is what I like here at WGT (and I am guilty of not doing it enough) is guys can have a great conversation with respect towards each other.

Good on ya jvr and richard.!

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Tue, May 29 2012 1:24 AM

Richard4168:
    I've already asked the question jvr, how can this game play good for some and not others? This is a question for WGT, or an IT Tech to answer.

yup, but I know that is a question that will never be answer. 

just say for a moment that is true... the mess that will bring to the game knowing that is not fair... 

just lots of theories... lol like the score control conspiracy theory...  Minutes ago I was -14 going to #18 on cabo 500cr and guess what? a full back spin 150yrd iron went 159 with 10mph head wind leaving me 20 feet up the hole. I knew I was going to miss and that the ball will pass the hole  more than 15 feet, that is what I was expecting, I knew it was a sure bogey. After that my 1st putt went short (how can you be short being up that hole) in that monster downhill, leaving me 8 feet from pin, with an unreadable break and an orange downhill grid. .. lol second putt left me 25 feet from pin ( as expected)...double bogey. 

I wanted to be short on the approach to have an uphill putt, that is how I play that hole safe, to save par and when luck is around a birdie... not this time, After my shot I knew no matter what I shot I was going to be long.

RSS