Forums

Help › Forums

C'mon WGT, be honest....

Tue, May 29 2012 7:51 AM (67 replies)
  • pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 10:39 AM

...Are there some new irons coming out?

The reason I ask is cause my R11's just aren't the same. I have noticed a few head scratchers over the last few days, but 1 thing seems to be happening quite a bit. That is when I ding my shot with a slight right to left wind, my ball flies right and ends up landing on the line that I was originally aiming for. The first couple of times I just shrugged it off my eyes deceiving me, however after seeing it more and more I now know that I'm not going crazy. 

Anyone else having this?

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 10:43 AM

So there's a tiny wind and your problem is that it's not having a drastic effect? wut. I would like to know if they're doing more R11S clubs though, and club set

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 10:44 AM

Clear your browser cache. The game files start piling-up in your browser and the clubs lose their precision and forgiveness.

My R11 (level 90+) irons are performing great.

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 10:59 AM

cpatterson22:

So there's a tiny wind and your problem is that it's not having a drastic effect? wut. I would like to know if they're doing more R11S clubs though, and club set

hmmm, try read my post again. I never said anything about a drastic effect, but when you tee off on a par 3 that tiny effect can make a big difference.

@ Richard, Thanks for the advice, I do however run a cleaner every day, so don't think it's that. I, like you, really like the R11's too and agree with you, they are great, but the ding just doesn't seem to have the accuracy that it should. I do realise that sometimes my aiming was just rubbish but there are others where the ball definitely didn't go where it was supposed to.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 11:31 AM

I've had the same problem for quite a while now.  Moving the target is pointless on irons and putts.  The ball starts off at the original target.

This really hurts on a 20mph crosswind.  

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 12:41 PM

Richard4168:

Clear your browser cache. The game files start piling-up in your browser and the clubs lose their precision and forgiveness.

sorry ...but this is complete twaddle.

of course clearing your cache from time to time is a good thing in general, regardless if you're playing wgt or just browsing the internet....but associating cache with precision and forgiveness is just sheer speculation..

aceydeucey:

I've had the same problem for quite a while now.  Moving the target is pointless on irons and putts.  The ball starts off at the original target.

i'm hearing this more and more with folks I play alt shot with.

there's less skill involved in this game now....it's more a case of pot luck and what's already been decided for you before a ball's been hit.

tbe

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 12:52 PM

LMFAOI! My irons go perfectly straight every time! Don't miss birdie putts either.

HAWK

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 1:12 PM

I gotta be the luckyest person on this site!  Had problems with the meter when I 1st joined.  Took some advise, read some forums, spent couple hours "tuning up", now if there is a deviance it is vem, or me.  My vem is only a slight thing, never what I hear from all the others on the forums.  Either I'm very fortunate with the vem, or it hasn't found me yet?  My Nickle.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 1:21 PM

lee22sharon:
    Either I'm very fortunate with the vem, or it hasn't found me yet?

It may have found you now - har har!

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 1:36 PM

VEM, may be here for you, but don't worry it makes the game more RL

RSS