Forums

Help › Forums

Heads UP: Downtime tonight + Upcoming changes ...

Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:39 PM (151 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 10:34 AM

please keep this thread friendly and productive

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 10:35 AM

WGTadmin2:

please keep this thread friendly and productive

Thanks for the intervention.  ;-)

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 11:07 AM

Question: does the durability of any particular ball decrease more if it's chipped or flopped rather than putted? It seems to me that the number of strokes on a ball shouldn't even be counted for putts because you're not really applying any force to it, whereas you are with most every other shot, especially if you include spin.

I know this is a little after the fact, but making the game more realistic and competitive could have been accomplished by counting green chips against a ball's longevity and/or not counting putts against it. Players could still be able to use back spin chips on the green, but their ball would wear out faster than those who putt, just as it would in real life.

Just a thought.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 11:13 AM

Kelsey12:
    Question: does the durability of any particular ball decrease more if it's chipped or flopped rather than putted? It seems to me that the number of strokes on a ball shouldn't even be counted for putts because you're not really applying any force to it, whereas you are with most every other shot, especially if you include spin.

Putts are not counted against the durability of a golf ball......

Cheers,

b0gey

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 11:33 AM

Kelsey12:

I know this is a little after the fact, but making the game more realistic and competitive could have been accomplished by counting green chips against a ball's longevity and/or not counting putts against it. Players could still be able to use back spin chips on the green, but their ball would wear out faster than those who putt, just as it would in real life.

Just a thought.

Now that's a good question - Do wedge shots on the green count against your ball's durability?

• tlc1961
    385 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 11:49 AM

WGTicon:
    We are disabling the spin control when using a wedge or any other club on the green in order to make the game experience more fair and competitive

I am wondering if anybody else is having problems with wedges out of sand after the update.  I use full shot, and full backspin out of sand and now after the update, my shots are flying 12' past the hole instead of 1-2 ft. By chance did the update change the back spin in the bunker around the greens too.

Or is it just me...lol

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 11:56 AM

Well something was definitely changed. I just had 3 horrendous rounds. My short game was all over the place . Inconsistent as hell.

I havent changed the way I approach on pitches , chips n flops. Flops are going way right even though I aim left. Pitches are flying out of the rough from Sand and rough as if I am hitting from the fairway. Lets not even talk about the 1 inch chips . And no I am not talking about from fringe or on the green so that's not it.

Seems like in general I lost alot of loft off all my shots except from the tee's.

Oh well now I have to play my game around the new Bugs. Aiming at the pin and dinging is retarded.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 1:03 PM

I never use the wedges on the green even although I know that, by using them, I could get closer to the hole in difficult or very long putts.

Someone said in another thread that players who use the wedges on the green, it is simply because they can not putt properly or not at all. It does annoys me very much seeing legend using the wedges in 15-20 feet putts almost every single green....c'mon at least try the bloody putt so you can improve your putting skills!

As for the video showing Phil M. hitting his wedge from the green, it is very obvious he could not hit the putt unless rolling the ball over the fairway. The only place I remember that players could find here in WGT in such situation is in St A green 17, but you still could try the putt because the green fades left towards the pin.

Whether with spin or not, same players will use the wedge anyways.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 1:14 PM

WTG all the whiners who can't master the shot and don't think it's nice for those of us that have to actually use it. Now with all the bitching at WGT to fix something that wasn't even broken, they have the rest of the approach shots all screwed up too.Congratulations! In an effort to piss off a small minority of "chip masters" you now have a vast majority of the community upset. Well done---good job--keep up the good work !          Romax

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 1:18 PM

LOLserver:

Someone said in another thread that players who use the wedges on the green, it is simply because they can not putt properly or not at all. 

They were wrong.

RSS