Forums

Help › Forums

Heads UP: Downtime tonight + Upcoming changes ...

Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:39 PM (151 replies)
  • dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 4:24 PM

Yeah nice roll Bubba ,  ........  Sure is something wierd going on after update , everything feels different  !   .....  As a previous post some1 suggested bunker shots are different  , totally agree found the same here , ball just kept going no stop  !   

thank you ,  ... dflop  !

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 4:41 PM

I've not seen any differences, maybe because I'm not consistent enough, but think of this...

If WGT have tweaked shots, maybe they've done it so that everyone has to re-learn their clubs and hitting distances.  And the best players and those most dedicated will rise to the top.  Maybe it's a way of really finding the best.

Like I said, I've not really noticed anything different, so this is only conjecture.

• twichipper
    424 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 4:55 PM

Howdy Romax,

I could not have said it better..even tho I am still able to do it on the greens, there is no Backspin for the shot...Just have to figure it out to how much it will relase, it is still much better than navigating some awful lookin putt of a long distance nature by accident....Besides, the  dummies who were not able to figure this shot out,are losing many strokes in there game. Since i have been using it, I have cut down my putts per game immensely.... we have enough obstacles to overcome in this game, w/ inconsistant winds and green speeds... if players have a beef with the shot,...simple, do not use it or concern your self with it. for those who kmow how to, that is your dividend for your dedication of work ethic.

best place i found to tinker with it is on the massive greens on St Andrews.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 5:23 PM

when I play on my home course.(IRL).there is one hole I do use a wedge on.And this is for you WGT admin...... I depend on as much spin as I can get on that ball to stop it..

Or its in the water.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 5:38 PM

I dont see why some of you deem it necessary to be so arrogant about gameplay issues.

Now none said its an illegal shot using chip shots on the green that is. But it is bad ettiquette unless there is just no other way to get to the cup because of an obstacle or a 2 tiered green that plays the fairway in it.

Play it however you want personally it doesnt bother me. It is hard to chip or putt so whatever works for you should be fine.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 5:40 PM

twichipper:
    Besides, the  dummies who were not able to figure this shot out,are losing many strokes in there game.

Really?? So people who dont choose to use it or dont know how are dummies?

Who are you to say something like that?

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 5:47 PM

navigater:

when I play on my home course.(IRL).there is one hole I do use a wedge on.And this is for you WGT admin...... I depend on as much spin as I can get on that ball to stop it..

Or its in the water.

and before its said ..no I dont take a divot,to put spin on the ball.as those that do know ...Know that it is not necessary to take a divot to put spin on the ball

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 5:58 PM

I dont know about pro golf but there are some CC's that do not allow chipping on the greens at all.

The average player who does in real life would terribly divot the green and thats where the rules should be applied . But this is just a game as long as you patch your own divot I dont see why it should be a huge issue.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 6:10 PM

I have never chipped, pitched or flopped a shot on the green. Never understood the logic? I think most make more long putts than chips or whatever from the same distance.

If I did, I may have some of those shots that hit the cup with a downward force that bounces out of the cup and then I could post something about getting screwed cause it didn't fall. Keep it on the ground my friends!! LOL! 

Great job WGT! Now if we can only get Lie angle ( Downhill, uphill, sidehill, shot-shaping etc...), we will see how good everyone reallly is!

HAWK

RSS