Forums

Help › Forums

Dear WGT Community...

Wed, Feb 10 2016 1:05 AM (178 replies)
  • chillypepper
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jan 7 2014 9:01 AM

Yes it is fantastic that I spend and continue to spend money on this site, but that's not enough WGT? I can't even change my settings without being bombarded with advertisements.

• chillypepper
    7 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 4:34 AM

Thanks for more advertisements, now its half way covering my shot meter waiting to pop up between holes, really, please tell me how to get rid of this.

• chillypepper
    7 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 4:40 AM

OK, can't play with this advertisement sitting on my shot meter. I'm upset, really love the game, been playing for four years, guess I wasted a lot of money. And yes my pop up blocker is on. It's on your site page.

• JarheadDuffer
    157 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 12:24 PM

not sure what browser you are using but Adblock add-on works very well on Firefox. No ads unless I turn it off to get free credits.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:42 AM

JarheadDuffer:

not sure what browser you are using but Adblock add-on works very well on Firefox. No ads unless I turn it off to get free credits.

Why even bother turning it off? Just use another browser for the videos and surveys. Doing this helps keep the browser you play with more stable.

• mikemccabe
    5 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 10:13 AM

Will you be addressing the continuing issue of the inability to complete surveys to earn credits? In the almost 2 years that I've been a member, I have never been able to fully complete one before (and what I feel is after they have gotten all the information they need) they tell me I don't meet their requirements. Many times, it's after I have spent 30-40 minutes at it, and answered dozens of questions!

• chillypepper
    7 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2016 3:39 PM

I give up. Fourteen attempts to par hole #1 chambers bay. 560yrd par 4? To hell with this course.

• MIBCTGOLF
    165 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 4:29 AM

Totally disagree with yall on this  -. 2. Most people do not want to play with a partner because of the pace, distraction, and many claim performance/meter is better. Since the goal is to post best score, those are pretty major factors

99 % of all members ive played with want the option of being able to play with other players in tourneys , so who is this most people stuff ????

you say - 3. It would be unfair, since potentially, partner can give the participant reads on the putts, wind conditions, and other things. ( BS )   I say , that's golf , happens in real life when you play golf ,,real tourneys require you to play with another player.

plus would cut down on possible cheating .

the option to play alone or with someone else should be the players choice not WGT's

CC' s have been asking for his for ever , maybe should listen to the people that play & spend money for this game daily !!

Cant play match play tourneys because cant play another player live in tourneys ,, and match play tourneys would be great to have !!!!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 5:06 AM

chillypepper:

I give up. Fourteen attempts to par hole #1 chambers bay. 560yrd par 4? To hell with this course.

In 14 attempts you couldn't get up and down in 2 from near the green? 

Maybe the problem is not the course but somewhere closer to home?

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 5:12 AM

chillypepper:

I checked your kit (2 x 3 woods?), but they don't sell your Driver or 3 wood(s) in the pro shop any longer, so I don't know what the distance ratings are...I agree that 560 yds is long for a par 4, especially if headwind is present. To par this hole, it takes a strong Driver/3wood combo, I would think.

RSS