Forums

Help › Forums

Completed multiplayer game information: love it or hate it

Wed, Jul 11 2012 7:48 PM (49 replies)
  • aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 7:42 AM

I think WGT needs to just go ahead and put in the % feature.  

When all is said and done, a disconnect is a disconnect. After it is implemented, the Forum will be full of complaints, what else is new.

Just put something in.. it's better than what we have now... which is absolutely nothing!

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 8:11 AM

We also need to change the terminology from 'Quitters' to 'Disconnects'.

If you agree to play a Multi-Play round, then don't... that's a Disconnect.  Regardless of the reason, you still pissed of your fellow players, and caused them to lose experience points.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 12:00 PM

i agree with the concept, however i do see some problems also ..

say an unfortunate player starts 2 games & gets disconnected on both games through no fault of his own .. now he shows a 0% finishing rate .. out of 2 games .. or maybe 33% out of 3 games if he manages to finish 1 of 3, again through no fault of his own ..

this will make it difficult for him to find willing players .. i think this concept may provide more issues than solutions in its inception stage ..

don't know if there might be any way around that .. except to HOPE that u don't get disconnected through say ur 1st 10 games in order to attain a reasonable % ..

• Crazy3
    107 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 12:21 PM

I think the idea is good and should be implemented.

This will provide an idea of whether or not you might finish your game. However, like always, the option is still there for you to disregard the information and take your chances.

So, I say WGT - "do it".

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 1:06 PM

I would hope WGT does not count 1 disconnect as 1% point.

I would say maybe, 1 disconnect equals 1/2% or even 1/4% points. 

This would still give the other players an idea of  a player's disconnects.

An even better idea would be for each completed game count as a plus % point.

This way players who do not disconnect would have 100% showing, but would also have the completed games (in the bank).

This option would also let players redeem themselves with completed games and raise their completed game % points.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 1:16 PM

acey- is that some kind of convoluted new math? 

(# games completed) / (# games started) = (completion rate)

completion rate is a % when taken to two decimal places. Very simple.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 4:49 PM

Well 2 things irritate me:

1 Quitters.

2 People that cant stay connected because they dont know how to operate

a computer.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 4:56 PM

Never quit on a round here.  Never got disconnected.

But what happens if a person is accidentally disconnected the first match he/she plays once this is implemented.  Then that person has a 100% "quitter rate"!  And he/she will never again get a match.

I would recommend that one's percentage doesn't show up for at least 8 - 10 rounds.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 5:01 PM

chris5214:
    say an unfortunate player starts 2 games & gets disconnected on both games through no fault of his own .. now he shows a 0% finishing rate

Sorry Chris... I should have read all the posts first.  My "informed post rate" is now down to 20%.

Great/Brilliant minds think alike.

• Vardon60
    29 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 5:13 PM

Maybe give say 2 or 3 grace disconnects a month to each player before counting them?
    That way a real problem with computer wouldn't hurt a players reputation. I have yet to have a disconnect since joining, so 3 should be more than plenty of grace.

RSS