Wed, Jul 11 2012 7:48 PM (49 replies)
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 4:40 PM

Agree 100% Pizza

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 5:20 PM

gmaster- It doesn't matter whether it was WGTs disconnect or not because if it's WGTs problem it will affect everyone at the same percentage. Only way it doesn't affect across the board is if something in your computer or configuration is causing WGT to disconnect you and then it's back to your system. Prospective opponents deserve to know that.

Will people still get upset? Sure. That won't change no matter what WGT does. How many people get upset now with issues they rant about here when it isn't even WGTs fault? Or the player has made no attempt to solve the problem directly with WGTor ask for help here? The first time anyone hears of the problem is when they rant away, blasting WGT instead of calmly trying for a solution.

Your other ideas sound very reasonable.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 5:48 PM

WGTadmin2:
    Completed multiplayer % would be calculated regardless of "reason"

Now your talking the language of a good idea.

A disconnect is a disconnect no matter how it occurs. I'll be very sorry to hear my friend and/or playing partner or random partners mom or dad had a heart-attack, or a death in the family occurred during game-play, but life goes on.

The game can't stop because someone disconnected through no fault of their own. This isn't about having a perfect non-disconnect percentage. People are going to have all kinds of different disconnect percentages for the mere fact that disconnects do happen to all players.

Most players disconnect because of a bad shot anyway. Sure, there are a few computer glitches and whatnot from time to time, but the game must play-on. Even a player like myself who never quits can experience a string of power outages just like anyone else from anywhere in the world. I should have my percentage adjusted accordingly as a result.

No one should be shown favoritism for any type of disconnect, whether it's a players fault or not. This should have been the case in "Reputation Tracking".

WGT can make this idea anyway they like IMO, but the above principals has got to be attached to it.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 6:15 PM

Richard4168:
    People are going to have all kinds of different disconnect percentages for the mere fact that disconnects do happen to all players.

The difference is, a player who disconnects through no fault of their own will still have a lower percentage then a player who quits because of a bad shot. Which occurs much more frequently.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:44 PM

To gmaster007, re Disconnect %.

If WGTicon can't figure out how a player was disconnected, then in effect WGT its self cannot.  With this in mind, I will say again it is not "how" of the disconnectm, it is the "how many",  that will ultimately tell us who is a frequent non-finisher and we can all make our own decision.

The WD option wouldn't work.  The chronic QUITTERS! would use it to QUIT!

A good point was made when it was said that those players who are using a system that is less than optimal and do nothing to correct it, therefore suffering multipule disconnects can be bumped in the butt to correct it for their benefit.

I don't see any significant deterrents to implymenting this idea. 

There will be those that cry foul, that they didn't QUIT!, and it wasn't their fault. 

In reality many of the disconnects, failure to load are from their systems, settings, sloppy maintenance, the service providers, an untold number of inline glitches.  I do think that number is in the minority, and after a system is in place i am sure that number will be reduced because those borderline systems will be better maintained, and/or changed for the total betterment of play. my nickle.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:26 PM

I see it this way. If your disconect % is low:

1:  you ar a quitter or you dont finish all your games for any reason... this give me an idea that probably you would not finish the round... I´m aware so I can chose not to play.

or

2: you have a lot of internet issue...which mean that you will still probably get disconnected so I will know and I will be aware of that. 

At the end, the issue is not quitters, or internet problems... what bother us is the simple fact of disconnection.  I dont care if my oppoent went to the bathroom or made a bad shot or had an internet issue; I care about finishing the round. So this % will give me the "heads up" no matter the reason of the low %.

cheers.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:42 PM

I think the numbers should reflet recent games.say the last 20-30 or so...this way if a player has connection issues and solves them..he/she can play with friends and build his/her rating up.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 1:07 AM

mantis0014:

WGTadmin2:

What if we displayed what % of multiplayer games each person completed on their profile and the match making lobby?

Not a bad idea. 

Just one thing though,  What happens if there was a Puter Erorr/Flash Crash or something like that. Some of the time we can't get back in time to restart.

-Roger

I said it's not a bad idea, but something about it just doesn't seem right.

Now saying that.... Big Company's never sign 100% performance contracts because everything is never be perfect.  One small mistake and they have to start paying fines.

So they sign 95% contracts... It just gives them a bit of room for error.

Same can be applied here with the Disco's... Performance, as in game stability,  is not perfect as we all know... so if a person with a 90% game finishing record can be classed as pretty good.

Anybody 70-80% can be looked at being a bit sus.

Of course these figures are just an example.

-Roger

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 6:28 AM

I can see quitters slowing down a bit by the mere fact that now something shows if a person quits, and no quitter wants to spotted as a quitter. lol!

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 7:01 AM

At the end of the day, no-one has a 100% on any of their stats. If a player has a very low % on their putting you know you are likely to beat him on the green. The same applies to their driving. So if he has a low % on his finishing stats, who cares why he didn't finish. You have some idea they are a bit dodgy.

A good idea in my book.

Mel

RSS