Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:14 PM

OK....let's go back to the beginning again....see if it works out better.

WGTwildcat:

Based on recent player feedback in the Forums, WGT is making a few changes to help improve the realism and fairness of the game. We wanted to share these changes as soon as possible for your feedback...

• Chipping on Greens - Players are able to take unfair advantage of chipping on greens to make an unrealistic amount of putts. On 5/30/12 we removed the option of controlling ball spin when chipping on greens, and on 6/28/12 we increased the variability of chipping on greens. This better matches how chipping on greens works in the real world, so players can still chip on greens but are unlikely to sink a lot of those chips.
    • R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.
    • Level 70+ Equipment - A small number of players at lower tiers (Hack/Amateur) have leveled up very quickly and are purchasing top equipment, but are still playing from the shorter Hack/Amateur tee boxes, making those games and tournaments a little unfair. To avoid this from happening in the future, all equipment Level 70 or higher will require a Pro or higher tier to unlock. Existing equipment and players will not be affected.

Sweet :)

tbe

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:15 PM

Richard4168:

lee22sharon:
    Why is it your concern whether I can use the equipment to its fullest?  So far all I can glean from your entry is to protect the legends.   I usally have tought better of your entries. 

Lee, your one of my favorite characters at WGT.com. I hope I can continue to gain your respect with my entries in the future.

Ok. Your a Master Lee. Its simple. Why do you need a R11s driver from the blue tees? There are perfectly good drivers in the pro shop under the Legend level drivers that are more than adequate for you to hit driver/wedge.

Keep playing ranked rounds my friend and always pursue the art of perfection which is the Legend tier. Its the place where dreams come true. No charge to my friend Lee. : )

I bought my better equipment to be more competative.  My abilities (Putting!) leave much to be desired.  Why does my equipment have to be ADEQUATE?   Is your equipment adequate? or more than adequate to play any style of game, against any player?

I almost never start a ranked game, pick the course, decide the clock, or restrict who can play, except to bounce a known QUITER!.

I simply ask to join a group who is playing a 9 hole ranked game.  In doing this a can get games with Hacks to Legend.  To be competative I should have the best equipment possiable within my own capabilities.  I have done just exactly that.  I am prepared to play anyone at any time I join a group.  After all variation is good.  My Nickle.

PS:  I bought the R11 driver so Tour Pro's can't out drive me, and it feels so good to "green"  on drives that are Par 4's.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:16 PM

Hey GlassMan27, if you have a problem with what I did, email WGT. Stop trying to blackmail me. That makes you look like a dick.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:19 PM

Buggyyy:

AssMan27 is annoying. 

Gosh that's clever. Reminds me of one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes, well before your time. You crack me up kiddo. G'nite all. Stay classy and whatnot.

-AssMan

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:22 PM

Goodnight GlassMan27. I hope I didn't start start a stupid virtual beef with you. I have no problems with anyone in this game. I just don't like when people try to step over me because I'm younger than everyone else.

Trying to calm people down from virtually fighting is productive BTW.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:28 PM

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:40 PM

Wow

Way off topic

Hey

FWIW

JHO

The ones entioned in this thred ply for fun

Disl aimer

keyboard dieing

6 pages of BS 

arry on!!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:46 PM

Hi guys,

would you all stop attacking each other and keep this on topic? I'd hate to go and remove 1/2 the posts here.

-wgticon

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:53 PM

Lee, in light of the powers that be, you did good in buying that club. I only hope you play ranked rounds in the future, and get to use that driver from the black tees. That's all my friend. Free as always.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:55 PM

WGTicon:

Hi guys,

would you all stop attacking each other and keep this on topic? I'd hate to go and remove 1/2 the posts here.

-wgticon

agreed...

tbe

RSS