Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:53 PM

aceydeucey:

The best equipment should be made available to any Legend.  

Each Tier reached should unlock certain clubs and balls, thus giving players an incentive to work on lowering their average and not just accumilating level points.

So just eliminate the Level Points, go back to Tier based equipment purchase and this thread goes away.

A very large majority of the players here agree with you. It's not too late to make things right. Just like the first post of this thread, a message could go out that equipment will soon become tier based, as is should be. WGT could give players a grace period to tier up to where they belong. This would give all the level 91 Pro sandbaggers a chance to tier up before their bag gets emptied. Once the grace period is over, all the equipment  those players who chose to remain where they are have is taken and is replaced by the credits they payed for that equipment. Realistically, this move would not cost WGT a dime, the credits are fake currency. 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 10:22 PM

Got some more (4 pages worth), entries since I last read on this topic.

Got a question for all of you who believe that equipment MUST NOT be available, if you have the desire and credits to buy it.  Why the heck not?

Got another question for all of  you who are concerned about sandbaggers.  If you play for credits why should equipment be with held if a player wants to buy it and he has the credits?  It seems to me that you should pick your opponents more wisely.

Better equipment used by a player who can not take advantage of what the equipment has to offer makes ownership a mute point.

Got another question for all of you who require a level playing field.  In all my years of life, in all that I have experienced.  I have never yet seen, found, or expected  "a level playing field" reguardless of what it was that was at hand.  No one is ever on a level playing field.  No one can do exactly what someone else can.  You will be either worse, or better, and usally only by a small degree. 

As to why a player does not care to advance? this can only be answered by that individual.

Why is it your concern? 

I thnk that the level, tier thing must be totally revamped, to incude the possibility of being sent back to a lower position and/or being kicked up a notch or two.

Instead of an unfair overhaul of the present system (?), I again propose that a well thoughtout handicap system be put in place, with no restrictions other than the players ability, or lack of, and appopriate tee boxes.  Green speeds should not be based on who is playing, but based on the condition of the course as it is determined by WGT,  to be posted in the lobby as the wind is now.  Then everyone can chose their own course to play based on what it is, not who it is.

A great deal of what I have read is self promotion, self preservation, and by all means we must covet and champion the Legends.  I do not say this with sour grapes in my mouth, because I  aspire to one day become a Legend.  Some Legends have done great things on the courses, and I do admire their abilites.  However it seems to me that in the past and especially now, with the ability to buy your way forward in experience points and without meaningfull practical experience WGT is only compounding a terriable mess.

Something needs to be done.  Many worthwhile suggestions have been made in the past, and even a few on this thread.

If nothing does get done, changed, or deleted and remains the same all of your, my, complaints are being read by no one who cares.  What then?  MY Nickle.  Responsable answers to my particular questions are welcome.

• marks84
    184 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 10:55 PM

GlassMan27:

aceydeucey:

Each Tier reached should unlock certain clubs and balls, thus giving players an incentive to work on lowering their average and not just accumilating level points.

So just eliminate the Level Points, go back to Tier based equipment purchase and this thread goes away.

A very large majority of the players here agree with you. It's not too late to make things right. Just like the first post of this thread, a message could go out that equipment will soon become tier based, as is should be. WGT could give players a grace period to tier up to where they belong. This would give all the level 91 Pro sandbaggers a chance to tier up before their bag gets emptied. Once the grace period is over, all the equipment  those players who chose to remain where they are have is taken and is replaced by the credits they payed for that equipment. Realistically, this move would not cost WGT a dime, the credits are fake currency. 

I definitely agree, and made almost the same suggestion you have made a month or so ago. What I suggested however, was that WGT go back to the tier based club availability, and for those low tier, high level players, treat the now ineligible clubs as something that was gifted to them and leave it in their inventory, but UNUSABLE until they reach the appropriate tier.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 10:59 PM

lee22sharon:

Got some more (4 pages worth), entries since I last read on this topic.

Got a question for all of you who believe that equipment MUST NOT be available, if you have the desire and credits to buy it.  Why the heck not?

Got another question for all of  you who are concerned about sandbaggers.  If you play for credits why should equipment be with held if a player wants to buy it and he has the credits?  It seems to me that you should pick your opponents more wisely.

Better equipment used by a player who can not take advantage of what the equipment has to offer makes ownership a mute point.

Got another question for all of you who require a level playing field.  In all my years of life, in all that I have experienced.  I have never yet seen, found, or expected  "a level playing field" reguardless of what it was that was at hand.  No one is ever on a level playing field.  No one can do exactly what someone else can.  You will be either worse, or better, and usally only by a small degree. 

As to why a player does not care to advance? this can only be answered by that individual.

Why is it your concern? 

I thnk that the level, tier thing must be totally revamped, to incude the possibility of being sent back to a lower position and/or being kicked up a notch or two.

Instead of an unfair overhaul of the present system (?), I again propose that a well thoughtout handicap system be put in place, with no restrictions other than the players ability, or lack of, and appopriate tee boxes.  Green speeds should not be based on who is playing, but based on the condition of the course as it is determined by WGT,  to be posted in the lobby as the wind is now.  Then everyone can chose their own course to play based on what it is, not who it is.

A great deal of what I have read is self promotion, self preservation, and by all means we must covet and champion the Legends.  I do not say this with sour grapes in my mouth, because I  aspire to one day become a Legend.  Some Legends have done great things on the courses, and I do admire their abilites.  However it seems to me that in the past and especially now, with the ability to buy your way forward in experience points and without meaningfull practical experience WGT is only compounding a terriable mess.

Something needs to be done.  Many worthwhile suggestions have been made in the past, and even a few on this thread.

If nothing does get done, changed, or deleted and remains the same all of your, my, complaints are being read by no one who cares.  What then?  MY Nickle.  Responsable answers to my particular questions are welcome.

Well Lee...for sure you don't play golf in the real world

If ya did...and had an inkling of how "we" do it...maybe you would understand?

If ya want, I can pick your post apart tomorrow ...but will let ya think about it tonight!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 11:00 PM

marks84:

GlassMan27:

aceydeucey:

I definitely agree, and made almost the same suggestion you have made a month or so ago. What I suggested however, was that WGT go back to the tier based club availability, and for those low tier, high level players, treat the now ineligible clubs as something that was gifted to them and leave it in their inventory, but UNUSABLE until they reach the appropriate tier.

You all want to restrict equipment, but no one will say why?  MY NIckle!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 11:09 PM

To:  MBaggese,

Can not play real golf anymore.

Who is "we"?

Please do pick it apart, I am all for being better informed.  Especially by a member of the "we"! 

I thought about what I wrote, always do. Why would you think not?  Why do you think I need to "let ya think about it tonight"  been there done that.  I asked for responsable aswers to my particular questions.  You have not done that.  as always it is MY nickle!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 11:13 PM

lee22sharon:
    You all want to restrict equipment, but no one will say why?  MY NIckle!

We can discuss a bit...not as late as I thought!

so....go back to when ya began here at WGT....rember the forst time ya broke par?

how about that -3 you posdted in a tourney?....but placed 35th because  the majority of players who beat your score...been here gfor 3 days...

Neat huh?

To heck with MP....we/I/most don't care and can weed out a SB'er quickly...but how about a fair shake in tournaments?

You think it's good to walk into a 1K RG asa Pro...level 95 with all the best tools and compete from 100+ yards in?  It's fair?

Your change to spend bro.

Edit;

Not arguing...discussing:)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 11:27 PM

lee22sharon:
    I thought about what I wrote, always do. Why would you think not?  Why do you think I need to "let ya think about it tonight"  been there done that.  I asked for responsable aswers to my particular questions.  You have not done that.  as always it is MY nickle!

See above lee....I thought it was later than it was...hence my reference...but up for  bit:)

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 11:35 PM

hmm, I have a difficult time understanding.  You may have to clarify some things first.  Who is "we"?  Why, how, are you the spokesperson for the "we"?

"To heck with MP"  what is MP?  Military Police?  "can weed out a SB'er quicky",  what is an SB'er? a sum bit-h?  "a 1K RG"? 1K? a ! Kilometer? what is a RG? Regimental Guard?,  "compete from 100+ yards in?  Its fair?" I have no idea what you are trying to say.

OKAY, it is clear that you did not read what my qestions were, and you have not responeded responsably.  It is still MY nickle.

PS: I am not your "bro".

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 11:46 PM

lee22sharon:

hmm, I have a difficult time understanding.  You may have to clarify some things first.  Who is "we"?  Why, how, are you the spokesperson for the "we"?

"To heck with MP"  what is MP?  Military Police?  "can weed out a SB'er quicky",  what is an SB'er? a sum bit-h?  "a 1K RG"? 1K? a ! Kilometer? what is a RG? Regimental Guard?,  "compete from 100+ yards in?  Its fair?" I have no idea what you are trying to say.

OKAY, it is clear that you did not read what my qestions were, and you have not responeded responsably.  It is still MY nickle.

PS: I am not your "bro".

LOl Lee!!!!!

SB'er is sandbagger

MP is Match Play

1K RG is 1000 credit Ready Go Tourney

Now  play a round from the tips  then from the white tees....then ya see the 100+ tee yardage advantage!

But wait ya say...he / she is just a Pro?

No...we both level 95...we both use the same tools....we both hve the same experience a(evident by level) buit....I hit 3 iron in and Pro hits Cleve wedge in?

Change is stacking up:)

RSS