Sat, Jul 7 2012 11:50 PM

lee22sharon:
    PS: I am not your "bro".

And yet I'll still live another day!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 11:56 PM

PS Lee

Your position in this matter is doomed for epic failure.

If you really do not understand the crux of the naysayers here...send me a friend invite and we can discuss offline.

I'm out now for the night!

• ibprime
    268 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:32 AM

lee22sharon:

Got some more (4 pages worth), entries since I last read on this topic.

Got a question for all of you who believe that equipment MUST NOT be available, if you have the desire and credits to buy it.  Why the heck not?

Got another question for all of  you who are concerned about sandbaggers.  If you play for credits why should equipment be with held if a player wants to buy it and he has the credits?  It seems to me that you should pick your opponents more wisely.

Better equipment used by a player who can not take advantage of what the equipment has to offer makes ownership a mute point.

Got another question for all of you who require a level playing field.  In all my years of life, in all that I have experienced.  I have never yet seen, found, or expected  "a level playing field" reguardless of what it was that was at hand.  No one is ever on a level playing field.  No one can do exactly what someone else can.  You will be either worse, or better, and usally only by a small degree. 

As to why a player does not care to advance? this can only be answered by that individual.

Why is it your concern? 

I thnk that the level, tier thing must be totally revamped, to incude the possibility of being sent back to a lower position and/or being kicked up a notch or two.

Instead of an unfair overhaul of the present system (?), I again propose that a well thoughtout handicap system be put in place, with no restrictions other than the players ability, or lack of, and appopriate tee boxes.  Green speeds should not be based on who is playing, but based on the condition of the course as it is determined by WGT,  to be posted in the lobby as the wind is now.  Then everyone can chose their own course to play based on what it is, not who it is.

A great deal of what I have read is self promotion, self preservation, and by all means we must covet and champion the Legends.  I do not say this with sour grapes in my mouth, because I  aspire to one day become a Legend.  Some Legends have done great things on the courses, and I do admire their abilites.  However it seems to me that in the past and especially now, with the ability to buy your way forward in experience points and without meaningfull practical experience WGT is only compounding a terriable mess.

Something needs to be done.  Many worthwhile suggestions have been made in the past, and even a few on this thread.

If nothing does get done, changed, or deleted and remains the same all of your, my, complaints are being read by no one who cares.  What then?  MY Nickle.  Responsable answers to my particular questions are welcome.

I have no problem with all equipment being available to all tiers as long as they are hitting from the SAME TEE 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 1:31 AM

To me.....the position is simple.

WGT changed from tier based to level points based system through sheer greed for our $$$ and clearly didn't give a crap about the severe disadvantages this was going to throw up......I say they still don't give a toss about this situation or else they'd have made Level70 equipment available to only Masters +.

The old system worked well giving the hacks..pros...tour pros the baby tees 100yrds advantage on TM's & Legends because they were only capable of using restricted yardage clubs, so the yardage handicap was ok.

WGT created this unfair shambolic piece of crap by giving Pros access to the same clubs as Legends and allowing them to hit from the baby tees.

WGT really does not give a toss about it. I could care less what they say in here or IRC chat to be honest....because as we see time and time again, they say one thing and do the opposite. Their talk is cheap....I judge people by their actions.

As for Lee.....

You fail to see the unfair advantage when L85 pros enter comps using L85 clubs against L40 Pros using L40 clubs.......and both are hitting from the same tees?

----------------------------------------------------------------

WGT - Talk's Cheap - More Action Required

----------------------------------------------------------------

If they're gonna use the bigger hitting clubs then they need to remove the unfair tee box advantage.

TBE

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 1:55 AM

lee22sharon:
    Got a question for all of you who believe that equipment MUST NOT be available, if you have the desire and credits to buy it.  Why the heck not?

Fine.  Buy legend clubs, play in legend tourneys with legend conditions.

lee22sharon:
    Got another question for all of you who require a level playing field.  In all my years of life, in all that I have experienced.  I have never yet seen, found, or expected  "a level playing field" reguardless of what it was that was at hand.  No one is ever on a level playing field.  No one can do exactly what someone else can.  You will be either worse, or better, and usally only by a small degree. 

Oh I see.  The ol' "in all my years" wisdom.   Maybe all your years and experience have stripped any honorable ideals you once had about "life".  FFS of course "life" isn't fair.  But FFS dude... IT SHOULD BE!!   LOL... life isn't fair!  Awesome... now I'll just rape and pillage my neighbors, steal from my coworkers... well hell why work... I'll just rob people.  Since you announced life isn't fair, they have fired all law enforcement, and repealed every law in the book!!  " Why try?  Life isn't fair.  Some people are mean-ee's.  There's just nothin' we can do about it! " <---- LUNACY!

WGT has a system that is being tweaked.  There are reasons for tweaking the system.  Some where in those reasons lies...  "fairness".  Do you even watch sports?  Do you know what a referee is?  There are rules man.  A large percentage of those rules are to keep the game " fair ".  OMG  SHOCK!

lee22sharon:
    A great deal of what I have read is self promotion, self preservation, and by all means we must covet and champion the Legends.

I have no idea what you are talking about here^^.

lee22sharon:

As to why a player does not care to advance? this can only be answered by that individual.

Why is it your concern? 

Fine.  This is perfectly acceptable.  But you shouldn't be able to play with all the best L88+ gear in a Tier where a large percentage of your competitors have inferior equipment and you can hit every single club at least 10-15+ yards farther.

If some Master is L90 and they want the best equipment... fine, you can have the best equipment, you earned it with your XP points.  Thank you for your credits.  Here's your gear.  Welcome to legend.

lee22sharon:
    Instead of an unfair overhaul of the present system (?), I again propose that a well thoughtout handicap system be put in place...

Unfair? - dude, life isn't fair remember???  Just get over it. 

I too have wondered if a handicap system would work here.  You are right in that it would require a big overhaul of the present system.  Perhaps a handicap system would work within Tiers. 

I don't think the present system is totally broken.  WGT has been rolling out the system that is currently in place over the last 3 years and I don't think they will trash it and start over.  They shouldn't.  It is generally a good system.  It just needs some tweaks now.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 2:32 AM

TheSpaghettiKid:
    If some Master is L90 and they want the best equipment... fine, you can have the best equipment, you earned it with your XP points.  Thank you for your credits.  Here's your gear.  Welcome to legend.

That's it  ,   Spaghettikid   !

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 5:27 AM

Now that this thread has exploded I am going to add my 2 cents. I originally started here back in May 2009, long before we had Tiers and Levels, the only thing you really had was your average. Sandbagging and Multiple Accounts (players could buy anything and everything) was a huge problem and was a daily discussion on the boards,it was truly out of hand. During the summer of 2010 we were changed over to the new tiers/level system. Some of us were very ill prepared for this change, myself being one of those that really only played St. Andrews and Kiawah to drive my average down, since back then average was everything. So here i was, a legend and had no idea how to really play this game, so I closed my old account and started completely over.

Going forward to where we are today WGT changes are often because of what you guys ask for on these for forums and for the most part a good idea, but all to often for me  they tend to not go far enough in some areas, to much in others. The biggest problem is there is no real true incentive to become a legend.

Equipment should be tier driven. I have trouble buying into the idea that if you want to buy R11s and your not a legend that's great. You either make them a legend or now they have to use the legend tee's. The biggest reason we have the level system today was people were focused on averages rather than other important stats like scrambling%, sand%, and other stats that were far more important. Eliminating the level will bring us right back to where we were before, players moving up to quickly and then blaming the game and how bad it sucks. If you think sandbagging is a problem now, remove the level system and see how bad it gets. Been there, done that, no way in hell we want to go back to that.

The business model has to take into consideration all the players and the way the current model is set up, there is no real model that really drives the player here to become a legend. Spaghetti kid has it right in many respects on this, there has to be some compelling reason to want that next level. So IMO equipment should be tier driven, not level driven.

• MBidney
    145 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 5:38 AM

imahokiefan:

WGTwildcat:
    R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.

WGTwildcat - So 7/6/12 to 8/1/12 is a full month???  Probably should have left that 'fact' out of the post...  As a lvl 89 player with 54,750 points (as of 7/8/12) to get to lvl 90, I'll need ~2,282 points per day to make it or have to wait 4-5 months for the R11S??? Looks like all you want from me is the 5955 credits for the 15 days of XP Ultra Boost that it will take for me to make it!  Why didn't you simply say so in the first place!  Or better yet, release the higher lvl R11S 3WD and and sell both clubs as a set for 6000 credits! If WGT needs the cash that bad, I'll support.  Good thing I have a steady job...

Oh great so somewhere between my level 84 and L89 points per level double?

Looks like another year of inferior clubs.  That is ridiculous.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 5:59 AM

SGTBilko:
    Spaghetti kid has it right in many respects on this, there has to be some compelling reason to want that next level. So IMO equipment should be tier driven, not level driven.

Agree, agree and agree! 

I said this before, there is nothing to win by becoming legend, exept that the game become harder.

There are few of us that became legend too earlier, In my case I wanted to; (for the honor, respect, whatever... to play with the big boys lol), and I strugled a while because I couldnt even buy the burners, I was stock with g10's for a few months. And there is a big difference playing back there with no equipment... and unfortunately same applies the other way, is a big difference playing with the best equipment from the baby's tees. 

so, equipment by level, why tier up? players just need to play a lot of other not ranked games to earn XP and that can have everything and an easy game. 

WGT have the solution to all problems, sandbaging, and multy accounts. They just need to make players tier up.

So what happen with the levels then? ok, keep the levels but froze them, for example, legend at level 85. If you are LV 85 tour master, you will not level up until you make legend. Once you man up, and start teen off from the parking lot you will receive all those frozen XP.  

WGT have equipent for different levels, that is great, make R11's for Pro & TPro, MAster & TM... and legend. and the same for g20's, burners what evere. and you level up inside your tier. and you unlock equipement inside your tier... and that will make people buy more equipement and I think that is the reaso WGT have the current system.

This ^^ is the best aproach to reality because skill is needed to play well with clubs! the better you are the longer, acurate, and better you shot. This kind of skill is made by the equipement stats, so a TM cant have the same precision of a legend, that is why they tee off closer because in theory they are not as good as a legend. Pro is not a good player in comparison to a master... so he cant drive that long simply because he is not that good... and If he can, then he should be a master. and I can keep going...

bottom line that ^^^ is the reason why low tier players cant have high tier equipment. Because like in real life, anyone can buy tiger's bag, but I'm sure the result will be different. so your R11's irons are your R11's irons, according to your current skill. because that precision, distance, spin, are not given by your ding or online game skills but by price in the pro shop and a level that has nothing to do with how good you are...so it need to be controlled by the equipment available to the player.  

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:01 AM

I really can't understand why everyone is complaining about the R11s driver moving to a higher level.  You all still have the R11 driver which is only 2yds less, and I dare say you would probably not notice any difference in the distance long term.  And if you're bothered about the meter speed, the R11 is still slower than both the R11 irons or the Burner 2.0 irons, but closer in speed so that the irons don't feel too difficult to hit.  Personally I have stuck with the R11 driver because I'd rather have a more consistent meter speed across clubs than many different ones... and saved myself 3k credits (or whatever it is) in not getting it.

RSS