Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:14 AM

To:  TheSpaghettiKid,

You responded to my entry (but why the name calling) I will now respond to your entry, and with out name calling (a sure sign of a poor upbringing).

Your 1st comment:  There are no Legend clubs.  Why would I want to enter into a game when I  cannot be effective.  Give me the opportunity to get the equipment I want, and the opportunity to learn how to use it.  When I am ready I'll do as I please.

Your 2nd remark:   Hmm, much of what you say sounds like the 12 year old Kid who knows everthing, therefore he no longer must listen to his elders.  Honorable ideas about life?  When and where did I mention that?  Life is not fair, "But FFS dude...IT SHOULD BE!!".  I did not make it unfair, it just is.  If life is unfair why do you want to "just rape and pillage etc.  You do carry things to the extreme.  Where in my entry did you read that anarachy, lawlessness, and that I did not care so I must be a Lunatic.  Be careful your immaturity is showing.  Of course something can be done about it, but not by us.  WGT must do it.

Your 3rd comment:  Alright, WGT is doing something? to make it more fair in their, and your opinion.  One of the reasons is to keep the game fair.  I just disagree in the way they, you want to do it.  There are rules in most any venue in life, some are better than others!

Your 4th remark:  In the previous entries on this and other threads it has been said that there are unfair advantages in the credit playing aspects of this site, and that WGT should do something, because those unfair players are using WGT rules to gain an advantage.  Theres that rules thing again.  As I have said before choose your opposition wisely.  That covers my ascertion of self promotion, and self preservation.  It has been evident for quite awhile that the Legends, especially the ones who have attained under 59 averages are disatisfied and want?  I believe that they should be attended to, how, I am not sure.  That should explain it better so you can understand it.

Your 5th comment:  To some extent we do agree.  However I do not agree with your contention that a player in a Tier (in itself a useless term) who has better equipment can not be allowed to use it because so many others do not.  This goes back to the "level" playing field, in which we do not agree.

Your 6th comment:  You want WGT to promote any one who buys the best equipment to be a Legend.  Instead of highlighting this player to a level in which he is now suffering, (here is that level playing field again) you can not have it both ways, what in effect you would be doing is lowering the standard for Legend.  Do you really want to do that?

Your 7th comment:  "unfair overhaul" yes it is unfair.  Like anything else there are degrees of unfair.  To much so, and you will have an even worse mess than we have now.  I do not think that this is something i must "just get over it".

Your 8th comment:  We again agree to an extent., but I see no reason for a tier system in a well thought out handicap system.

Your final comment:  The present system is a mess.  Can it be fixed without major changes?  I doubt it.  The same persons are still in charge, the same reasons why they did it this way is stil the engine that is pulling the train.  In my 2 /2 years here I have seen MANY complaints as to the level/tier system being so screwed up.  I have also seen MANY reasonable suggestions as to how it could be made better.  Only once did I see any thing done, when they did the overnight adjustment of levels/tiers, and it was done badly.  It is beyond tweaks to fix what is wrong with a double layered system such as this.

I appreciate your attempt to answer my questions.  I wish you could have one so with out profanity, name calling, and your reading things into what I wrote that was not there.

It is still my Nickle.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:29 AM

Is this for real?

• uoducks63
    53 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:31 AM

they should just go back to the old system, when i first started playing you could only get certain clubs once you made master, that in itself made you want to get better and get promoted to get those clubs. now that anyone can get any clubs they want there is no incentive for some to advance, they would rather stay on the short tees with there big driver because it gives them an advantage

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:38 AM

All this jazz over a game.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:53 AM

lee22sharon:
    our 2nd remark:   Hmm, much of what you say sounds like the 12 year old Kid who knows everthing, therefore he no longer must listen to his elders.  Honorable ideas about life?  When and where did I mention that?  Life is not fair, "But FFS dude...IT SHOULD BE!!".  I did not make it unfair, it just is.  If life is unfair why do you want to "just rape and pillage etc.  You do carry things to the extreme.  Where in my entry did you read that anarachy, lawlessness, and that I did not care so I must be a Lunatic.  Be careful your immaturity is showing.  Of course something can be done about it, but not by us.  WGT must do it.

I didn't call you any names.  I did try to illustrate that your analogy about  "there is not a level playing field in real life so why bother trying to make changes to the WGT system" and  "since there is no level playing field in real life... we should just be satisfied with an unfair system here" is lunacy. 

The point is:  yes, there is no actual level playing field in anything, and yes, life isn't fair... but we should STILL TRY to make a level playing field and try to make things fair.  Stating that such things don't exist "in the real world" and then throwing up our hands or giving up or going to the extreme and taking up anarchy, is just lunacy.

It seemed to me that you were using the "no level playing field" analogy to argue that we who are advocating a level playing field here, and want to tweak the system to create that, should just  "get over it ".  Since there is no level playing field in real life, there can be no level playing field here.  I disagree.

But then later in your post you said the current system is "unfair" and you want to change it.  I don't understand your POV.  On one hand you are saying a level playing field is not possible (which i think is unfair) but on the other hand you still seem to want a "fair" system.  So, you suggested a handicap system to help bring about more fairness and to "level the playing field".  You seem to be contradicting yourself.  ??  Or i just don't understand what you are saying. ??

lee22sharon:
    As I have said before choose your opposition wisely.  That covers my ascertion of self promotion, and self preservation.  It has been evident for quite awhile that the Legends, especially the ones who have attained under 59 averages are disatisfied and want?  I believe that they should be attended to, how, I am not sure.  That should explain it better so you can understand it.

I still have no idea what you are saying here^^.  I will take a leap and try to guess... are you talking about under 59 avg Legends who may have complained about playing against L90+ Masters hitting from 25-100 yards closer in challenge/credit games.  Is this what you are talking about?  If so, I completely agree with those Legends who have expressed an unfairness about those games.  That needs to be addressed and there are some very good suggestions ITT about how to change that.

We need to keep this thread about the ideas of how to improve the system.  I took issue with a few things you said... especially the  "no level playing field in real life" thing.  I do not want to argue with you.  But I will rebuff any notion that implies we should just deal with the current system and not try to tweak it.  I will also strongly disagree with any notion that implies we cannot achieve a game that is more fair and has a level playing field for everyone at all levels of experience and skill.

• RickySam
    53 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:53 AM

Buggyyy:

All this jazz over a game.

I agree Buggyyy. What's the big to-do? I play the game, I advance levels (and tiers), I buy whatever available equipment I desire, and I HAVE FUN PLAYING!!!

I see there are issues out there, such as players buying equipment outside their tier. Fine by me if they want to be a big fish in a little pond. Speaks to their competitive character wouldn't you think?

To those who that write volumes on this subject: This isn't a life or death thing. You're making mountains out of mole hills. JUST PLAY AND ENJOY THE GAME!

• Peajo
    16 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 11:06 AM

Amen brother !!!

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 11:08 AM

RickySam:

To those who that write volumes on this subject: This isn't a life or death thing. You're making mountains out of mole hills. JUST PLAY AND ENJOY THE GAME!

What's wrong with a lengthy discussion and/or a little debate?  I think some good ideas have been put on the table by many ITT.. even Lee has a half a 1 or so lol.  Maybe it will lead to some changes being made eventually.

Beta

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 11:34 AM

lee22sharon:

To: Mbaggese,

Okay, I am clear on what the abbrevations are now.  I am restricted to non-credit play.

I am still awaiting your answers to my SPECIFIC questions.  So far all you have done is moan about your poor choices in opponates in your credit playing games.

That is not reason enough to hold back ownership of equipment.

Is there not anyone who can give me ligitimate answers to my questions?  Again and STILL MY Nickle!

I'm not moaning Lee.

I think the only specific question I may not have answered was "who are "we" ?"

"We" would be IRL Golfers...and in any Tourney entered In Real Life, handicaps are used to level the playing field.

WGT has tried to "handicap" tourneys here via tee positions, but the farce of having two players say level 95 who (via levels) have the same playing experience and the same clubs...the WGT "handicap" of different tees are negated and swing severely in favor of the lowered Tiered player...completely eliminating a level playing field.

Let me know if I missed something else. 

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 11:50 AM

MBaggese:
    WGT has tried to "handicap" tourneys here via tee positions, but the farce of having two players say level 95 who (via levels) have the same playing experience and the same clubs...the WGT "handicap" of different tees are negated and swing severely in favor of the lowered Tiered player...completely eliminating a level playing field.

Excellent explanation of the problem with the current setup.

RSS