Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 7:44 AM

GlassMan27:

I find it funny that the original post in this thread has been modified to eliminate the 'player feedback' portion of the R11s comment. Transparency? Give me a f'n break. I'm still waiting to hear who the player was that got beat by a 'lesser skilled' opponent because their opponent had the same equipment they had, and was so hurt that they felt the need to cry to the powers that be at WGT. The whole thing is comical.

Yes, the chat itself made it very clear that they do not give a damn of what we say, they have it all figured out. I think the situation, regarding the R11S,  is simply that they know they are reaching the limit on how good the clubs can be and therefore they need to put a goal further up ahead to make people play. It works well from a business point of view, you have a lot of L88-89 players that are making an effort to reach the R11S before it is put out of reach for a year or more and after that people will still have something to wish for. 

I do not think that putting that club at L94 is such a bad crime, it makes no wonders and the G20 driver not not far behind it, no, what I reacted on in the chat was the way they approached the "sandbagging" issue, they simply missed the target completely. I do not think it is by accident, they have data on who buys what and they must have made a decision based on that.

Of course, they are entitled to do that and although I think it is a bad decision in the long run, neither I or anyone else outside WGT can base our opinion on raw data, so we must accept the fact that their decision might be a good one for WGT. They are not a charity organization and although we are important, they do run a business and the task is to make benefits for themselves.

My belief is that their behavior is  scaring players away, but then on the other hand - they advertise quite aggressively and maybe there is two new players coming in for each one that leaves. And maybe one of those new players spend more money in the shop than the one that leaves. They can see that in the data.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 7:15 AM

why hasnt the issue of putts being counted as hits been resolved yet? a member of our club asked me this today, after one putt she got the message that she now had only one nike left, meaning that putt counted towards hits and took the ball away.

• lefty357
    652 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 11:33 AM

putts DO count as hits on a golf ball.....i played the WGT Nation putting challenge and my ball was taken out of play.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 11:52 AM

lefty357:

putts DO count as hits on a golf ball.....i played the WGT Nation putting challenge and my ball was taken out of play.

It is a bug only in the putting competitions, it seems. A bug with very low priority since it has been there for a while now :)

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 12:21 PM

deleted

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 12:24 PM

FamousBeef:
    no, sorry, all putts are counting as hits in stroke, match and AS. they have been for a couple weeks at least.

Ok, I seem to remember a WGT person saying it was only in the putting tournament. If it's true that they are counted also in normal play, I guess the priority to fix it is even lower. Had this not been a beta we could of course ask them, demand really, for balls in compensation but we have agreed that it is ok that things like this happen.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 12:26 PM

deleted

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 1:04 PM

FamousBeef:
    all putts are counting as hits in stroke, match and AS. they have been for a couple weeks at least.

You have a verifiable source for this?  ("perception" is not considered a verifiable source)

I counted hits to check this out, and got 120 "regular" hits, and 168 putts from a L71 Nike (I took it to the extreme on purpose by maxing out the putts on a number of holes)....which equals 288 total hits.

The 120 "regular" hits for a Nike equals what DarSum counted when he did the same test, and also what Woodstock lists in his ball-comparison chart.  AFAIK, neither of them took the putting to the same extreme that I did.

If they're counting putts against ball-life (excluding during CTTH rounds....those definitely count)....then they've also more than doubled the life of my Nikes.

Please don't incite the masses with false statements.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 1:16 PM

deleted

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 1:33 PM

Jerm65:

FamousBeef:
    all putts are counting as hits in stroke, match and AS. they have been for a couple weeks at least.

You have a verifiable source for this?  ("perception" is not considered a verifiable source)

I counted hits to check this out, and got 120 "regular" hits, and 168 putts from a L71 Nike (I took it to the extreme on purpose by maxing out the putts on a number of holes)....which equals 288 total hits.

The 120 "regular" hits for a Nike equals what DarSum counted when he did the same test, and also what Woodstock lists in his ball-comparison chart.  AFAIK, neither of them took the putting to the same extreme that I did.

If they're counting putts against ball-life (excluding during CTTH rounds....those definitely count)....then they've also more than doubled the life of my Nikes.

Please don't incite the masses with false statements.

It's only in the CTTH Putting challenge, WGT has verified this but has not fixed it yet.

RSS