Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:46 AM

thebigeasy707:
    any hacks or amateurs who've managed to get their hands on them......stick them on the master tier.

I like that. Give a couple of weeks notice, say they have to sell the clubs or accept being moved to Master tier.

• karedak
    1,049 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 12:07 PM

dollar will always win ,,sandbaggers and cheats will always be around and if level ups wasn"t  around they would have to wait for better clubs but we all know that ........... 

like i said dollar always wins 

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 12:57 PM

karedak:

like i said dollar always wins 

that is a given since we all live in monetary based economies ..

the question is: does WGT want the $ to win short-term .. or long-term ?

the diffirence will be in customer service & unambigious feedback

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 1:57 PM

promark1:
    sadly it is no more forgiving than the old R11

mark you gotta be kidding right  ?

thak you ,  ....  dflop  !

• promark1
    412 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:29 PM

mark you gotta be kidding right  ?

thak you ,  ....  dflop

if i miss the ding by a small amount the ball will stay in the fairway.........just like the old R11.if i miss the ding by a large amount the ball will go offline into rough or bunker........just like old R11. that's all i am saying.no question R11s is a great club but so is the R11.i use srixon balls(cheap skate) so if you have R11 with nike balls you will outdrive me on most holes.once again i will say it won't all of a sudden make you a great player.........unless you already are 1

• Topcat488
    172 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:49 PM

@Promart ^^^^ up there^^^ Now that you turned Legend TODAY... Congratulations on that, but at least your not a TM or Tour Pro, using that big club anymore... WGT should make the rest of them Legends also, the ones lvl 90 and above.  HAhaha look whose not outdriven everyone else now... Welcome again LEGEND.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 1:06 AM

promark1:
    .once again i will say it won't all of a sudden make you a great player.........unless you already are 1

So true mark both great drivers , but the R11s is just the iceing on the cake  !

thank you , ...  dflop  !

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 10:05 PM

sue333318:

I just got to level 89, and there is no way Im gonna make 90 by the end of the month.  So this means effectively that as a newly qualified legend I'll be denied the equipment used by my more illustrious peers for almost a year.  

Makes you wonder why bother to Tier up at all.   TMs and masters I already play against have the driver and a massive tee advantage - sure seems fair to me.

Sue

yep, i agree, this is another insult.

• Pauldriver
    47 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 11:21 PM

a bunch of computer nerds who don't play the game in real life running this i feel insulted

• DrFell
    120 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2012 6:08 AM

Does anyone know the percentage of active players here who play or don't play golf.? And please do not say you play golf because you play WGT. I'm sure all the real golfers are aware of the differences and when playing WGT take them with a grain of salt. On the golf course there are variables that affect your scoring that are not in WGT. If they were there would be far fewer rounds carded at ten or twelve under par. As far as this business about levels and tiers goes it's all moot. There is no way to make this game fair. Period. I am actually a bit surprised that the very conservative USGA has agreed to be associated with this game at all! The mere fact you can get skill points from match games or Ready Go games is wrong. Skill points should be awarded for playing "ranked" rounds of nine or preferably eighteen holes. You will never get a handicap from the USGA for just playing ctth games with your pals. This game is set up in such a way that sandbagging isn't just easy, it's inevitable! If you want a fair game then just open the Pro shop to everyone. Let people buy the equipment they want. Numbered levels make no sense at all. Advancement to higher tiers by scoring makes sense. When you begin a game you then, as in golf, declare which tees you will play from. If you run into a player who wants to hit from the short tees you know what you're dealing with. When you post a score it should have an effect on your average for better or worse. What manner of silliness is it that shooting a score worse than your current average does NOT make your average go UP?

If you participate in tournaments of any kind in WGT you are betting against the house. And we all know who wins in the end don't we? Find a CC in WGT that has a good fair minded membership and play there. All this argument over levels and tiers is wasted effort.

RSS