• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 5:20 AM

WGTwildcat:
    Chipping on Greens -

don't know  how to do it, never did... I love to putt, that's my strenght

WGTwildcat:
    R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good

Best club around, agree with the level update, but distance is nothing special, couple more yards than the others good drivers. Still, from shorter tees is probably a club that can give 18 eagle chances. So I think this should be a Legend only club. It forgive like anything else, it stop like a low level wedge, and it can goo far far away... is dangerous in the wrong hands lol.

WGTwildcat:
    Level 70+ Equipment -

hmmm. Master + would be better, but is a start. probably just set the best top equipment to high level/tier players only... so player will level up and tier up to get this toys :) 

J.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:13 AM

MioKontic:

Milfshake:
    Im waitng for a HUGE PRIZE at my Tier.

If that isn't admitting to sandbagging, I don't know what is.

WGT - you did it with Saveatatas, you need to do it with this moron too.  Move him up to TM and let him stew in it!

Since when is "waiting" class as Sandbagging?

WGT.. Please move me up.. Less work I have to do and less balls Id have to buy.

Now thats what I call EARNING something!!

• MBidney
    145 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:14 AM

The level 90 to 94 driver change is just a bad idea.  Delaying it for players just keeps the gap larger longer.  I am a level 84 and there is zero chance to reach 90 by August 1st.  Even with the 40% boost I would have to play 4 hours per day for a month to get to 90.

Bad bad bad idea WGT.  At minimum you should extend the timing long enough to get the players who are in the ballpark of L90 in.

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:18 AM

wow some thread this, i g to bed and its went nuclear..

so onto the topic and i still feel that when it was lvl 90 for the new driver then i knew what i was aiming for and i had  rough time scale for it, i play ranked rounds mostly with some matchplay thrown in for good measure. But moving it back 4 levels may not seem like much but when pro's upto tour masters have this club and can compete in RG using this then yes i am a little miffed. For me lvl 90 seems good lvl for it as it would tie in nicely with the r11s i want when i lvl up there.

This being lvl 94 now probally adds 3-4 months  maybe(not to sure) to my time span of getting it.

Do i truly need it? no, my driving stats are competitive and 4 yds aint gonna make me a world beater but  to have the goal posts moved back seems not fair. Even tho i dont need it i WANT it(throws toys out of buggy)

I  deffo agree that legends should be able to buy any equipment regardless of there lvl as once you play from the back there is no other aims apart from getting your score down and trying to beast every course, to do this you generally need the best toys.

As for pro's/tour pros and what not having all the best toys and not wanting to tier up then thats there choice, they wanna win match play games that way then fine as long as no money involved then i dont see to many issues there.

As some 1 in history once said LET MY LEGENDS GO

best regards

ladzrls

• MBidney
    145 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:24 AM

ladzrls:

I  deffo agree that legends should be able to buy any equipment regardless of there lvl as once you play from the back there is no other aims apart from getting your score down and trying to beast every course, to do this you generally need the best toys.

This is the best solution imho.  If someone plays well enough to advance to Legend, you should not be penalized by tenure.

It is really frustrating to become a "Legend" at a very low level and not have a chance to compete for 6 months while you wait for "better equipment."

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:26 AM

MBidney:

The level 90 to 94 driver change is just a bad idea.  Delaying it for players just keeps the gap larger longer.  I am a level 84 and there is zero chance to reach 90 by August 1st.  Even with the 40% boost I would have to play 4 hours per day for a month to get to 90.

Bad bad bad idea WGT.  At minimum you should extend the timing long enough to get the players who are in the ballpark of L90 in.

I now think, in your case, your are in trouble. 

You are a low level legend, Without thet top clubs, honestly you cant compete, so I fully agree with you. 

Some player will suffer this way.

Why not, lv 94+ Or legend status, I think legend need all the equipment available at least the ones they need to compete at the parking lot tees.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:37 AM

I feel the reason behind this is $$$.

People weren't buying the standard R11, and holding out for the R11s, as it is only 2 levels away. (Still alot of play between l88 - l90 tho.) By increasing the gap massively between them people will buy the R11 at l88, and then the R11s at l94.

All equals more $$$

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:42 AM

you know what this could help induce is to stop playing so many ranked rounds and sandbag at tourmaster lvl. seems good idea to have it at lvl 94 / legend lvl, that would appease the minions

regards

ladzrls

• MBidney
    145 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:43 AM

chris2345:

I feel the reason behind this is $$.

People weren't buying the standard R11, and holding out for the R11s, as it is only 2 levels away. (Still alot of play between l88 - l90 tho.) By increasing the gap massively between them people will buy the R11 at l88, and then the R11s at l94.

All equals more $$

I've been holding out on clubs for what seems like forever trying to level up.  I think I was in the 60s when I became Legend?  So I have been using crappy clubs (relatively) killing time for months,

The whole Legend Unlock for all equipment makes a lot of sense.  The only reason NOT to do that would be $$$ imo.

• MBidney
    145 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:59 AM

MBidney:

chris2345:

I feel the reason behind this is $.

All equals more $

I've been holding out on clubs for what seems like forever trying to level up.  I think I was in the 60s when I became Legend?  So I have been using crappy clubs (relatively) killing time for months,

The whole Legend Unlock for all equipment makes a lot of sense.  The only reason NOT to do that would be $$ imo.

Just checked I was Level 60 when I made Legend last November.  So it has been 8 months and counting trying to Level up to the best clubs.  ):

RSS