Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 5:57 PM

Is that what it `s all about, playing for credits? I hate to burst your bubble, but you can get credits for free. When you make legend in 6-8 months, and sometimes less,that`s chasing the rabbit .Being legend is not my focus, because I really dont play in tourneys or MPs or for credits.  I play just for fun and only for fun. So you see it`s not that important to me.  If no one is playing for legend, then why so many posts by legends complaining about sand baggers as well as other issues.When you read the threads about low level legends what do you think they are talking about ? As for proving your point, you never had one that I was aware of, so I guess your`re still pointless. As for my thread,it says what it says and it`s more about a club and nothing about you.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:12 PM

The point is too many players put themselves at a great disadvantage by not paying attention to their levels instead of their tiers. You see the threads about low level legends, who are struggling to compete because they dont have the clubs in order to do so.As for the R11S,it`s no big deal. You`ve been kicking butts without it so now why the big deal? As for the guy/girl remark, stop being an a$$ ladz, it is so beneath you.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:26 PM

lonniescott711:

The point is too many players put themselves at a great disadvantage by not paying attention to their levels instead of their tiers. You see the threads about low level legends, who are struggling to compete because they dont have the clubs in order to do so.As for the R11S,it`s no big deal. You`ve been kicking butts without it so now why the big deal? As for the guy/girl remark, stop being an a$ ladz, it is so beneath you.

Wrong again.  The point is to NOT PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR TIER... and play the best you can!!

Instead, you seem to advocate paying close attention to your scores AS TO NOT MOVE UP IN TIERS "TO QUICKLY"!! Perhaps toss in a bogey or 2 at the end of the round?... since you wouldn't want to TIER UP before you get those R11 irons.

This is called sandbagging!

This is what needs to be addressed by WGT by making some top level equipment Tier based.

You once again demonstrate the problem with the current system and it is this:  there is really no incentive to become a Legend.

For some, it is all about the credits... WHICH IS WHY THEY WON'T LEAVE MASTER TIER... or maybe they are just purposefully sandbagging until they can get the "proper equipment" (R11 irons) before they post their real scores.  Sound familiar?

Of course once you realize how low you can shoot from the Master tees with R11's it might just be fun to hang out there a while and mop up.  After all, the bogeys at the end of the rounds have been working.  I am not saying this is what you are doing lonnie.  But MANY do this.  And it is a problem.

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:30 PM

lonniescott711:

The point is too many players put themselves at a great disadvantage by not paying attention to their levels instead of their tiers. You see the threads about low level legends, who are struggling to compete because they dont have the clubs in order to do so.As for the R11S,it`s no big deal. You`ve been kicking butts without it so now why the big deal? As for the guy/girl remark, stop being an a$ ladz, it is so beneath you.

So in essence guy, I guess I should sandbag my scores to not make legend until llvl is reached, again a simply stunning line from you, i play ranked rounds and if my scores are good then what you want me to do? read all my posts and i do say if they gonna leave it 94 then fine, my lvl 81 g20 is just fine, my driving stats are superb so ive no biggy on that, but your absurd notion that we should sandbag a ranked 18 round or throw credits away in a RG so we dont make legend to soon is again,....w8 oh ma sides...ahhh...simply superb, needed a wee chuckle thanks bro/sis

to make something availible at a certain lvl then have FEEDBACK from those that now have new club say this club is to good it should be moved back isnt exactly erm whats the word FAIR?.

best regards guy

ladzrls

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:39 PM

ladzrls:
    to make something availible at a certain lvl then have FEEDBACK from those that now have new club say this club is to good it should be moved back isnt exactly erm whats the word FAIR?.

Seriously, this is one of the best quotes from this whole thread.

Let me put my spin on it.

Level 99 player with 56avg has R11s driver.  Tells WGT "it's just to good".  He's gonna be a "53avg in no time". 

WGT says, "ok we better stop the L88 61avg guys from getting that club to soon, we don't want them to lower their average to 58, that would be unrealistic.  But you can keep yours."

LOL!

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:47 PM

TheSpaghettiKid:
    This is what needs to be addressed by WGT by making some top level equipment Tier based.

Also, let me be clear about my objectivity. 

I am not saying once you reach Legend, the whole war chest is open to you.  I am fine with the principle of "levels" unlocking some stuff WITHIN A TIER. 

It's just that some equipment shouldn't be available until you are a legend, OR, the purchase of that equipment comes with a move to Legend Tier.

• imahokiefan
    10 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:22 PM

WGTwildcat:
    R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.

WGTwildcat - So 7/6/12 to 8/1/12 is a full month???  Probably should have left that 'fact' out of the post...  As a lvl 89 player with 54,750 points (as of 7/8/12) to get to lvl 90, I'll need ~2,282 points per day to make it or have to wait 4-5 months for the R11S??? Looks like all you want from me is the 5955 credits for the 15 days of XP Ultra Boost that it will take for me to make it!  Why didn't you simply say so in the first place!  Or better yet, release the higher lvl R11S 3WD and and sell both clubs as a set for 6000 credits! If WGT needs the cash that bad, I'll support.  Good thing I have a steady job...

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:23 PM

Club and Ball purchases should be based on Tiers and level points should be eliminated.  

The best equipment should be made available to any Legend.  

Each Tier reached should unlock certain clubs and balls, thus giving players an incentive to work on lowering their average and not just accumilating level points.

So just eliminate the Level Points, go back to Tier based equipment purchase and this thread goes away.

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:42 PM

TheSpaghettiKid:

ladzrls:

Seriously, this is one of the best quotes from this whole thread.

Let me put my spin on it.

Level 99 player with 56avg has R11s driver.  Tells WGT "it's just to good".  He's gonna be a "53avg in no time". 

WGT says, "ok we better stop the L88 61avg guys from getting that club to soon, we don't want them to lower their average to 58, that would be unrealistic.  But you can keep yours."

LOL!

Yeah, I guess I would be safe in suggesting they make the R11 irons Level 100, then I could have an edge on those yet to unlock or afford them.

I'm really not that hyped up about getting an R11S.  I've read it's barely better than the regular R11 driver I was finally able to buy not too long ago, and I was kind of put out that they would introduce a better driver not long after I finally had the best.  But now, to be told I can't buy it, unless I hurry up, if not I have to wait the year or whatever to get to 94, is kind of adding insult to injury.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:44 PM

No, I`m not saying too sand bag your scores. What I`m saying is , is that you need to keep yourself in a position so that as you move up the tiers, you should also have the XP`s and be at the levels to upgrade your clubs when needed. Unlike many players, I dont play in the tournies, or blitzes. I play single stroke play and usually in practice rounds. I have never played for credits, so for me the changes are no big deal.  I dont like cheaters any more than you do. I dont feel that players should be able to restart or have more than one account. What I said, is that players  put themselves at a great disadvantage when they aren`t at the proper level to upgrade their clubs when needed. Which player would have the better advantage, lvl 60 T.P. with clubs upgraded to their level or lvl 45 Legend ? So you see levels are important to the game, If you want the better clubs, you have to reach the levels to get them. Moving the clubs back a few levels is not going to change things. There will be players who are going to cheat, sandbag and do what ever else all for a few credits in a virtual game. It`s sad to because golf is supposed to be a game of honesty and integrity.

RSS