Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • labordayk
    389 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:03 PM

MioKontic:

I really can't understand why everyone is complaining about the R11s driver moving to a higher level.  You all still have the R11 driver which is only 2yds less, and I dare say you would probably not notice any difference in the distance long term.  And if you're bothered about the meter speed, the R11 is still slower than both the R11 irons or the Burner 2.0 irons, but closer in speed so that the irons don't feel too difficult to hit.  Personally I have stuck with the R11 driver because I'd rather have a more consistent meter speed across clubs than many different ones... and saved myself 3k credits (or whatever it is) in not getting it.

It's one of those principle of the thing things.  And I pretty much have the same attitude towards the R11S as you.  I haven't bought it, don't have plans to buy it anytime soon, but still resent having that option taken away from me.

And why?  Who are these people complaining that the R11S is too good?  I haven't read a single post complaining of such.  Just the opposite.  Most report that the R11S is barely different from the R11 (yet the R11 remains at Level 88).

In fact, at least you and me, and I would imagine many others who read the forums, haven't bought the R11S, precisely because it doesn't have the reputation as a game changer.

So, the idea that a bunch of people have been complaining that the R11S is too good is rather suspect.

Frankly, this smells of an attempt to rescue the reputation of the R11S, prompt sales by making it forbidden fruit that you can still get for a limited time, and better position it Level wise with the old R11, so that in the future more people will end up buying both.

So, IMO, this is a marketing plan masquerading as customer requested reform.

And that is very disappointing.

• Badisq
    19 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:36 PM

Well, why don't we see LEVEL RESTRICTIONS turned off for those of us that were excelling without buying the top level equipment!?  I made Legend at Level 69.  I am now level 83 and until I was able to buy the G20 driver, the distance just killed me.  Seriously, why should anyone be punished for making Legend?  Especially when I see Masters out there with R11 and R11s drivers.  That to me is absolutely absurd.   Some other changes I would like to see are some revolving pin positions instead of the same hole locations every single time I play a course.  The green would be destroyed if you did that in real life. 

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:49 PM

LOL  this reminds me of the program,,The big bang theory

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 1:43 PM

Okay, I am at loggerheads with most of those persons who responded to my previous entries.  As a result i shall put a few things out there for everyone to consider, especially WGT.

Our present system is not working!

Artifical experience points, push players ahead when for playing purposes they are unprepared.

The system does not consider all of the competative games that are played to determine a real average.  This alone might solve the sandbagger difficulities.

The green speed should be determined and published like the wind factor is now.  This would eliminate a higher level player leaving the game, but makeing the remaining players use his level specific green speed.  There should not be level specific green speeds!

Experience points should be awarded as to how many are playing, to wit:  game starts with 4 players, 1 disconnects after the 1st hole, 2nd player discnnects after 2nd hole, last 2 players finish the 9 hole game.  1st person gets points for 1 hole of 4 players, 2nd player gets points for 1 hole of 4 players, and 1 hole for 3 players.  The other 2 players should get the same as #2, plus 7 holes of 2 players.  This is fair.

All equipment should be available for purchase at any time.  After all if the person can not use it to its fullest extent ownership is mute.  It would also allow that person the opportunity of learning his equipment while lowering his average as he plays.

The Tee box equalization system does not work!  A Handi-cap system, that is WELL thought out could and should eliminate the present problem.

It is very evident that there are significate difficulities when playing various different modes of play for credits.  Perhaps a seperate criteria must be put into effect to eliminate or control those difficulties.  If 2 seperate systems must be in place it should be done in such a way that a player can "cross over" from one to the other without any significant penalty.

Granted this is a rather shortlist and i am sure many persons could enlage it, but as I said these are My big concerns.  My Nickle.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 2:04 PM

I always did love the handicap..made a ton of $  in golf and bowling that way.lol

the rest of what you said can go either way.

The hard part with this program.Is setting it up where it is fair,And hard  at the same time.In our league.all players play from the same tee box.regardless of skill level.

That takes the equipment factor out of play..if you got ,good if not,,,Oh well

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 2:16 PM

When I started ,everything was tier level.I could not wait to tier up.

If it was the same back then as it is now.I would have never spent the money I did...

Just sit back till I got the points I needed .And spend minimal amount .maybe 50% less in the end

• MBidney
    145 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 2:24 PM

navigater:

When I started ,everything was tier level.I could not wait to tier up.

If it was the same back then as it is now.I would have never spent the money I did...

Just sit back till I got the points I needed .And spend minimal amount .maybe 50% less in the end

This is exactly what I am doing.  I have the credits waiting until I am allowed to buy the best clubs.  But I am not spending a thing on clubs until then.

In the meantime I will play to be the best Sub level 90 in the legend tournaments that I enter.

• Lanyo
    123 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 2:36 PM

Really really hope i hit 90 before the 1st of august then.

• ibprime
    268 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 2:46 PM

lee,

do you have a problem playing from the same Tees?

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 3:58 PM

Oh no! I would relish the additional challange. Variatuon in the play, pin locations, wind facter, green speeds, all of these things help to keep the game fresh.

Every once in a while i will set up a round with very high wind speeds, slow greens, hit from different tee's, whatever.

ibprime:

lee,

do you have a problem playing from the same Tees?

love a legitimite challange.  My nicke.

RSS