Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 4:15 AM

aceydeucey:
    All WGT cares about is making money.  The move to lvl94 makes business sense.  That makes it possble to increase sales of the R-11 (lvl88?) now that the R11s will increase to lvl94.

WGT does not have a store of clubs they need to get rid of, they are just implementations of objects. For them it is always better to feel the most expensive club and best is to sell both.

I am almost 100% sure that WGT will be quiet in this matter until it is time to actually moved the R11s to L94, when they will come here and say "we have taken in your feedback, the club will stay at L90, thank you for great feedback".

We will go "ooh, thank you WGT" and "WGT do really listen, they are great".
    At the same time  WGT sits in their office counting the amount of money they have earned on people trying desperately level up before August. 

I mean, L94 is not realistic, not many people will reach it in the club life time so what is the point of keeping it there?

Still, as I said before - if that club is "too good" it must be the last mega driver. Will there soon be irons that is "too good"? WGT need to consider their business model as we are running out of things to buy. Oh well, I guess they just pump up the price on balls. 

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 4:46 AM

What would happen if a player is on lvl 88 or 89 but won't make it in time, got a lvl 90 friend to gift it to them now? Would it unlock at 90 or 94?

• roaddawgstyle
    305 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:40 AM

WGTwildcat:
    R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.

It was just a matter of time with the improvements being made to clubs that there would be second thoughts on how good you made something. I say stop giving us better and just give us different stuff that is equal to what is already out there. Change is what I want to see keeps the game interesting. Diablo Razr Titlelist, 40 or 50 new avatars not just one.

• Royboy1946
    1,847 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:59 AM

pb1711:

What would happen if a player is on lvl 88 or 89 but won't make it in time, got a lvl 90 friend to gift it to them now? Would it unlock at 90 or 94?

the person gifting the club would not be allowed too, if the receiver was not at L90. if he/her was, then they could use the club straight away on L90

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:00 AM

pb1711:

Hmm thats a really good idea. Im at 88 and wont hit 90 in the next 20 days. Maybe I'll persuade a friend to try.

BM

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:41 AM

Royboy1946:
    the person gifting the club would not be allowed too, if the receiver was not at L90.

I thought you could gift items to friends at a lower level than the item, but it would only unlock when they reach that level?

Does anyone know if this is true?

• canuck1056
    3,172 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:46 AM

never use to be that way ,  that I know of

• sue333318
    631 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 8:24 AM

I just got to level 89, and there is no way Im gonna make 90 by the end of the month.  So this means effectively that as a newly qualified legend I'll be denied the equipment used by my more illustrious peers for almost a year.  

Makes you wonder why bother to Tier up at all.   TMs and masters I already play against have the driver and a massive tee advantage - sure seems fair to me.

Sue

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 12:19 PM

roaddawgstyle:
    It was just a matter of time with the improvements being made to clubs that there would be second thoughts on how good you made something. I say stop giving us better and just give us different stuff that is equal to what is already out there. Change is what I want to see keeps the game interesting. Diablo Razr Titlelist, 40 or 50 new avatars not just one.

What I am about to say I have said before and I have heard others say it too, I think even ITT.  Some will think what I am about to say is just whining cuz I don't have the R11 irons and I'm a low level legend.  I hope others will see my objectivity.

I started the game when everyone basically had the same equipment... summer 2009.  Some equipment a little better, yes, but definitely no magic clubs. 

WGT has jumped the shark with the R11 irons.  All you have to do is calculate wind and sometimes elevation to come up with your distance to pin, then apply full backspin and hit near the ding line.  The ball stops dead from 220 yards out.  That is extremely unrealistic.  Once in a while a tail wind or elevated pin location will prevent the shot from stopping like a dart, instead it stops within 3 yards of landing.  LOL.  This is not golf. 

I don't see Lee Westwood, one of the top 5 ball strikers in the game for the last 5 years, hitting 3 and 4i darts that stop dead on the green.  Maybe once in a while with absolutely perfect conditions, head wind, downhill landing area etc.

Planning a shot, determining where to land it so it will roll up close takes A LOT of skill.  You have to possess excellent knowledge of your landing area and know how your clubs will respond to the current conditions and the power of your shot.  This skill is totally unnecessary with the top irons and takes A HUGE GOLF SKILL off the table, making the game unrealistic.

In my perfect world, a realistic game rules over money.  I'd rather pay a subscription than see the game made so unrealistic because they need to sell clubs/balls.

It takes more skill to play lower level clubs and shoot low, than it does to throw darts at the pin with the L90 R11's.  Isn't that backwards? 

This is why I really enjoy getting out the starter clubs frequently and having a go from the whites.... and see if I can shoot under par on the harder 9's.

Flame away...

RSS