Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:40 AM

So ive just came back from a weeks camping with the wife and kids and was lookin forward to reading a weeks worth of posts about this topic and also whats WGT comments on the views expressed here are, so as i read the 10 or so pages that have sprung up in that time to see no response from  WGT is startling  and bewildering and very suprising to say the least.

There was a good comment a few pages back that if they had originally put it out at lvl 94 then there wouldnt have been anything of this kind of response and everyone would have set there goals accordingly and i agree with this, trouble is they put it out at lvl 90 and it perked up us legends who are in the 80s lvl.

So as i stated a week back to let some have this club at lvl 90 and then deny others is certainly not in keeping with the spirit of golf, if there has been a mistake with the lvl attribution of a new club then WGT you should just accept you made a wrong judgement and suck it up and learn from it.

Again i repeat you said there was feedback from those who purchased this club stating that it was to good and needs to be put back in lvls, how very sporting of those that bought it then camped your email inbox to say please deny others this club as its to good.

Any how weeks campin/caravan was gr8 and good to be back.

best regards

ladzrls

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:58 AM

i think it was a quick cash scheme, r11s was a big seller and plenty of money rolling in.

i was suprised it wasnt lv 94 in the 1st place myself, ya telling me they dont try out the new equipment b4 releasing them to the public

hhhmmmm 

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:02 AM

Tightrope:

YankeeJim:
    I can do that with a real CG IRL. Certainly not every time, just like here when you don't hit it perfect, but yes, it's very real.

I watch the pro's on TV, never seen anything like the shots I make in WGT. Then on the other hand, not even Tiger is a Legend yet...

Dude.IRL I hit a shot out of a sand trap.Only once mind you.lol that landed 6 in.past the pine.spone back right.then fell in the hole..Oh.It was around 15 yards give or take 2.

You don't see pros( IRL ) do much short shots to the pin that bounce and stop ,AS it is a low percentage shot.chip and run is the preferred shot

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:58 AM

navigater:
    You don't see pros( IRL ) do much short shots to the pin that bounce and stop ,AS it is a low percentage shot.chip and run is the preferred shot

Especially with rock hard greens.  :-)

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:58 AM

navigater:

Basically what I mean. I know it is possible to spin the balls like crazy IRL, but we do it without risk. We hardly lose any precision in the short play when using full backspin.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 11:00 AM

jbenny11:

r11's, just calculate, full back spin, let it rip and it ends up next to cup from 220 yards Spaghetti kid? Are you freakin serious? This statement from somebody who has never hit these clubs? This is why most of the people who know anything about this game stay out of the forums. Holy crap, what a load of sh!t this thread is. Wonder why the mods didn't shut it down? Because it's CRAP and WGT looks better and better with each post. Notice I don't have a WGT nation flag next to my icon, because I have been very critical of WGT in the past. Where you guys are going with this is beyond my realm. Good luck with that. Sorry in advance to those who are gonna rip me, just my point of view. JB     P.S Spagh kid, if you hit full backspin with r11's with nike ball, plan on being 20 yards short most shots.

I play ALOT of alt shot with partners who have R11s.  I play against R11's all the time in these matches.  I see what they can do.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 11:02 AM

Tightrope:
    Basically what I mean. I know it is possible to spin the balls like crazy IRL, but we do it without risk. We hardly lose any precision in the short play when using full backspin.

What might work is if they factored in that green hardness and actually changed the way those shots work. Better yet would be to have a hardness factor associated with the greens, much like you would see IRL with soft greens after rains and hard greens after long dry periods. Then you wouldn't be able to play the exact same shot on all green speeds.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 11:09 AM

YankeeJim:
    What might work is if they factored in that green hardness and actually changed the way those shots work. Better yet would be to have a hardness factor associated with the greens, much like you would see IRL with soft greens after rains and hard greens after long dry periods. Then you wouldn't be able to play the exact same shot on all green speeds.

Would be great! Sure it give some comfort to know that you should play 78-85% (depending on lie) with your Cleveland, knowing it will stop dead less than a foot from the hole or drop in,  if you are 12 yards from the hole after missing the green. But that also make you try approach shots that you would not often do IRL.

• promark1
    412 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 11:47 AM

There was a good comment a few pages back that if they had originally put it out at lvl 94 then there wouldnt have been anything of this kind of response and everyone would have set there goals accordingly and i agree with this, trouble is they put it out at lvl 90 and it perked up us legends who are in the 80s lvl.                                                                                           as a player who already has the R11s i can honestly say that if i had tried before i bought i would of saved my money and stuck with my R11.i bought it because i have meter problems(who doesn't) and the greater forgiveness would help a lot.sadly it is no more forgiving than the old R11.ok a few extra yards but not enough to make any big difference.i played a tour pro yesterday who had R11s and nike balls. thank god he couldn't putt lol.all i am trying to say is R11 or R11s......it doesn't really matter.if you are a good player u will still be a good player without it and vice versa.it's not the wonder club people make out

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 4:24 PM

misstery:
    Not sure why your making the game easier for higher level legends. All clubs should be unlocked to legends, it's more than likely going to encourage sandbagging at Master level.
    For the 1st time since starting this game,I actually thought of making sure I don't make Legend till L94 !!( if even then ).. Is this what you want to encourage ?OR get L88 driver and sack the R11s (only couple of yards anyway ).Don't think this decision is based on fairness..More likely business,we get the L88 & don't mind buying ANOTHER club 3/4 months later !!Screw that..Andy (Confirmed T/M )

RSS