Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • bogeygolf420
    6 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 5:24 PM

I agree completely! it should be based on your tier not your level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 3:55 PM

I've been away so just catching up with the changes...

Is Tour Legend identical to Legend in terms of playing conditions?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:04 PM

saltiresfan:

TLs have the Champ greens.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:08 PM

As opposed to the slightly quicker tournament greens :p

Thanks YJ.

• Badisq
    19 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2013 2:35 PM

limiting purchases when someone levels is just retarded.  It makes no sense.  Also, conversely it makes no sense to limit a Legend who achieved early from buying the clubs necessary to compete.  I made Legend at Level 69 and could not buy any decent equipment.  Legend was the Top Tier at the time, and I had to suffer until level 80 something just to be able to buy a G20 driver.  WGT unfairly restricts these items when someone is willing to purchase them.  Also, anyone who attains Legend status ought to be able to buy any item in the game.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 7:17 AM

'Tis an oft repeated lament

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 11:18 PM

oneeyedjohn:

'Tis an oft repeated lament

And one I (for once) support.

I don't agree with granting access to equipment based on level rather than tier and the reasons are simple.

The original idea of this game was everyone would gain in tier as their average went down at about the same speed they gained in level, however, a lot of sandbaggers spoiled that.

To reduce the ability to sandbag, WGT introduced the present system whereby your average will go down and hence you can tier up quickly by beating higher level players in match-play. This has lead to the current system whereby some short-sighted individuals see gaining tier or lowering their average as the main mark of progress and do so regardless of gaining experience or ability. I know of SEVERAL players who actively seek higher level players who will deliberately lose to them just so they can gain tier, indeed in one of my clubs we had a member complain because we wouldn't do that very thing.

Therefore the current system exists, if you stick to ranked stroke play you will level at about the same time you tier, there may be a need for a small adjustment to when certain items are available but I see no need for anything more than a minor adjustment. Those who have sought higher tiers through sleight of hand methods can suffer. Those who are prodigiously talented will be the most adversely affected but such talents will still prosper anyway. 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM

saltiresfan:

I've been away so just catching up with the changes...

Since the latest update, they now have pick-ups for TL's to take you even further back from the Legend tees.

WGT are sick of TL's always shooting sub 60's.

RSS