Forums

Help › Forums

how do you go back from master to tourpro?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:05 AM (31 replies)
  • kcalw
    152 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 4:28 PM

I was having a lot of fun playing at tour pro level.To much fun I guess because WGT, like a good wife, could not stand me enjoying myself and, without my permission i might add, moved me into the hell called "master" tier.
    I have no aspiring dreams of being a Legend and could care less about winning any trophies or number one status. I play both real and virtual golf for the fun of it. This master tier is not fun. I want to go back to TP level......I understand that the whole idea of moving a person up a tier is so that they will be forced to buy new equipment but since I never qualify for surveys and the videos I watch only keep me in balls then new equipment is like the dream vacation, only a dream so does anyone know how I may go back to TP?

• PORKASAURUS
    55 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 4:32 PM

you cant

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 4:33 PM

Thomas Wolfe said it best:

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 4:34 PM

Do what alot of other people do ...Create another account :(

Im kidding. You will be fine at Master once you get past that learning curve.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 4:45 PM

I'm like you in that I have no aspirations to become a legend and suspect that I will be a Master forever. You bought some great clubs for this level last month and once you get comfortable with them I do think you'll enjoy the Master level. It's not that bad since you found the scores you were shooting as acceptable. I fully expect you to be shooting the same scores as a Master very soon..

Because it takes a 63 average to go beyond Master, I think we are both safe as recreational players from being moved up again. 

• Blade7658
    452 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 6:49 PM

I am a weekend player and I am starting to gather 62-65 scores more than not, so while it will take  while to move up, you likely will again. For me, it will probably be 6+ months. I also stuggled at first on Master, but it will come - just have fun with it.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:07 PM

That's why you'll sometime see Tour Masters playing badly
    just to avoid the god awful legend tees :-P

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:12 PM

gmaster007:

That's why you'll sometime see Tour Masters playing badly
    just to avoid the god awful legend tees :-P

The Legend tees are fantastic.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:18 PM

Wouldn't ever go back to the sissy tee's.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:28 PM

Blade- You're right if WGT sticks to this hair-brained idea of moving people up without taking into consideration any time frame whatsoever. As the game ages they will be forced to factor that in or they will lose a lot of their recreational players like the OP and I.

Under the current system a person who plays every day and posts a magical 63 once a month will still be arbitrarily moved up in a little over three years despite the fact that their overall play and scores really don't justify it. Somehow they need to consider more than just the lowest scores. I believe they need to factor tournament results as well as credit game results to move some people up  (the sandbagging problem) while dropping scores a year or year and a half old from consideration.

WGT really has to perform a balancing act to get these systems to work.

RSS