Forums

Help › Forums

how do you go back from master to tourpro?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:05 AM (31 replies)
  • JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:43 PM

i have a solution to your problem.. the only real difference between master and tour pro is that when u make master the tees are further back.. however if u play practice rounds you can choose what tees you want to use.. so u can pick the tees so its the same as when u were in tour pro.. I'm not sure which setting that would be but I'm sure that someone here knows what it is.. i hope you can figure this out and go back to having fun playing again.. because that is what its all about

• sportsrockplayer
    306 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 8:29 PM

The legend tees are awesome. Not only do you get the awesome views, but when you learn the curves and everything else, there is not that many holes where there is a huge tee difference besides Kiawah and some holes at St. Andrews.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 8:32 PM

gmaster007:
    That's why you'll sometime see Tour Masters playing badly
    just to avoid the god awful legend tees :-P
    WHAT a gr8 excuse..Will have to remember that !!

• JPrindeville
    295 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 8:47 PM

Sounds like your Running against the wind Ming. Try drawing your opponent in close and using its strength.........Use the Breeze Ming and go low

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 10:56 PM

Relax dude..You have only been playin for 2 months and you have already moved up to the Master level..

And... Your g20 driver and irons are plenty of club from the Master tees..

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 12:36 AM

That's pretty much the point I was making about the clubs. As a recreational, not so serious Master I've found that there is very little difference between the Master level with the G20s and a good putter versus the Pro level with lesser clubs.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 4:17 AM

kcalw:

I was having a lot of fun playing at tour pro level.To much fun I guess because WGT, like a good wife, could not stand me enjoying myself and, without my permission i might add, moved me into the hell called "master" tier.

[...] go back to TP?

lol - did they ever ask you to move you to Pro or Tour Pro?

As others said, you have fine equipment well suitable for that feat, with one exception: You'd help your game a lot by buying some decent wedges, as the Starter wedges suck a lot! (BTW: How to escalate "suck"?).

Two are good enough, three'd be professional. Look out to find nominal lengths which fit below your irons and PW. The Pings are basic quality, ATV and Clevelands are better (from what I hear).

Believe me: Custom wedges add immensely to the fun of the game!

• ADawg83
    15 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:11 AM

+1 on better wedges

Making my wedge play better is what has saved me at the Master level tees.  You develop good distance control with your wedges and potential bogeys look like par all of a sudden. 

I can't wait until I get to level 58 for the Ping G20 driver.  It will be nice to hit mid and short irons into greens again.

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:36 AM

alosso:
    the Starter wedges suck a lot! (BTW: How to escalate "suck"?).

Suck Deluxe

Maxi Suck

Suck on a stick (not to be confused with muck on a stick, which means around these parts, you are not very good,)

• Acrux
    393 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:11 AM

pjctas0822:

Do what alot of other people do ...Create another account :(

Im kidding. You will be fine at Master once you get past that learning curve.

and the idea has already been planted

RSS