Forums

Help › Forums

BASEBALL: The Strasburg question

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 3 2012 2:20 PM (43 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 4:53 PM

I have to say, as much as I dislike the Yankees...being an A's fan as well (Yankees farm team), there's really no "hate" I have for them...just an intense dislike;)

That said, the organization has been a class act for a long time...I think starting about the first year after Billy Martin made his 3rd? was it? tour as manager.

And yes, I go way back in agony when Catfish Hunter (et al) singed with the Yankees as O'Finley was gutting the Kelly Green and Gold.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 9:50 PM

So, Mariano Rivera wouldn't do that.... you are probably right.  Jeter might not either.  There are no other Yankees that have as much class than Harper so those are the only two.

YankeeJim:
    Typical fan justification. 

Typical Yankee fan nonsense... the Yankee have NO more class than any other team.  Would any of the Yanks have done that as a 19 year old?  Nope.  None of them were talented enough to be at that level at 19.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 5:01 AM

JaLaBar:
    Typical Yankee fan nonsense... the Yankee have NO more class than any other team.

What world are you living in? No other club demands as much from their players as the Yankees do. Find another team with standards as high as theirs, starting with the facial hair. Hate them or not, the Yankees are good for baseball AND the pocketbooks of anybody they play. They fill stadiums wherever they go. Explain that.

While you're at it with your infatuation with kids, check out Cito Culver from Irondequoit, NY-Jeter's supposed replacement drafted right out of high school last year. He wasn't even 19 yet! 

The Nats are enjoying success in the middle of a grind. Don't let it go to your head. October is looming large and Washington better hope they have enough gas left while they protect their budding dynasty. How deep is that bench? Looks like a wading pool to me. Meanwhile, the Yankees' bench is carrying them through the injuries.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 2:20 PM

It is official! The Nationals just announced as of this date 09/03/2012 Strasburg will be done for the year in two weeks.

RSS