Forums

Help › Forums

Update Aug. 2, 2012

Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:39 AM (193 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:49 AM

Woodoworkery:

I think the 100 rank rounds start today if you are a Legend. trying to find out if 9 hole games are counted as a rank round.

Was just informed any ranked round counts

It seems to move it up for some...

Me?  

Well today started with 58.86

29-no change

30-no change

65-58.88 (+.02)

29-no change

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:54 AM

CerinoDevoti:

chris5214:

CerinoDevoti:

Looks to me like this new Tier is just a way to get folks obsessed with their average again. ;-)

I wrote in another thread that IMO... the Legends with an average under 60 and have already played tons of games should just automatically become Tour Legends today without the extra rounds. Some of the Legends have played 1000's of rounds. The idea of counting the next 100 and studying the average change per round is just a distraction from the enjoyment of playing the game.

lol .. yeah C , i'm little guilty of that 2 ..

hitting lvl 83 tmorrow .. u know what that means ..

Watching your average and worrying about it gets you nothing. Play man, don't piss around worried about a number only you care to see. Get your name on the first page a Tournement if you want folks to notice you.

P.S. Get the whole G20 set.  Save the 3H for CTTH games. ;-)

yeah, i've managed a 1st page placing for Tourney .. already got the lvl81 G20 drivers .. just the iron set now tmorrow .. keepin' the Burners too ..

lookin' forward to give the 83 g's a go ..

• johnpolockus
    33 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:58 AM

hi. any help would be a bonus .. just tried to play 1 hole again !! cant get the meter to stop . ball lost again !! cleared the cache still cant get the meter smooth .. lost interest in the game a while ago .just recently got my head back into the game & trying to enjoy it again so any help would be appreciated thanks in advance .........jp..

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:11 PM

johnpolockus:

hi. any help would be a bonus .. just tried to play 1 hole again !! cant get the meter to stop . ball lost again !! cleared the cache still cant get the meter smooth .. lost interest in the game a while ago .just recently got my head back into the game & trying to enjoy it again so any help would be appreciated thanks in advance .........jp..

I cleared my Cache, Temp files and pretty much everything before I tried playing. All smooth so far. This morning I also had a Flash update waiting but the game has run smooth as silk for me.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:12 PM

johnpolockus:

hey jp ..

dunno if this will help .. can't speak for anyone else, but here goes ..

i used to play on IE untill it became unmanagable .. tried Chrome, was ok ..

but wasn't untill i tried FireFox with GameBooster that things became realy smooth .. new Flash releases causes trouble of course .. so importantly .. i dumped Flash 11.3, reinstalled Flash 10.3 .. went to my "Control Panel", opened "Flash Player" and set it so that it does NOT auto-update ..

So: FireFox, GameBooster, Flash 10.3 ... play as smooth as one could hope for .. no problems after latest update either ..

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:17 PM

another meter problem here. never had problems like this before, the usual skips and stalls but this is bloody ridiculous.

i'm 2 brand new balls out of pocket, but more importantly i've had to WD from one of our CC comps because of it. 

i know these posts get read WGT, so either roll back the update or PLEASE give us an idea when this will be fixed. 

if it helps the options menu is very slow to react and isn't saving my choices and (possibly coincidence) in the address bar of Chrome, which is my browser for WGT, the icon for 'this site isn't using SSL' has appeared. it's telling me i have never visited this site before today also??

the biggest worry for me though is this site, my login details and possibly passwords and payment info is no longer secure. FIX THIS WGT. 

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:26 PM

Thanks for those who posted that they liked the new features, I am enjoying the new pins and speed up game play quite a bit.  For the others to clarify, there has been no changes to the SSL setting on the site and the payment pages are all secure.  Also there have not been any changes to the meter.  However after a new release your local machine and our servers take about 24 hours to cache all the assets and this was a big release so there are a lot of things to update and may cause erratic behavior for some.  There is no known systemic broken items.

There was also a flash update on chrome this morning also, so that might be causing some pain.

Finally there are more avatars coming, we have not forgotten them.

Cheers and have fun

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:36 PM

chris5214:

johnpolockus:

hey jp ..

dunno if this will help .. can't speak for anyone else, but here goes ..

i used to play on IE untill it became unmanagable .. tried Chrome, was ok ..

but wasn't untill i tried FireFox with GameBooster that things became realy smooth .. new Flash releases causes trouble of course .. so importantly .. i dumped Flash 11.3, reinstalled Flash 10.3 .. went to my "Control Panel", opened "Flash Player" and set it so that it does NOT auto-update ..

So: FireFox, GameBooster, Flash 10.3 ... play as smooth as one could hope for .. no problems after latest update either ..

Funny I've only used IE all along and update Flash every time and I've yet to have these issues many talk about here. I have no idea what I'm doing right or what others are doing wrong.  lol

RSS