Update Aug. 2, 2012

Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:39 AM (193 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:27 AM

genorb:

YankeeJim:

genorb:
    for sure something has changed. Indeed, my average was 54.03 before the change and I posted a 58 and it went up to 54.04.

This makes sense. Just like Legend averages change until you get that 400th round. In your case your average should have gone up for anything over 54.

Well Jim that's not so obvious. The way they calculate average now is even more strange than before. Indeed, this is not the average over all the round I have played as legend for sure (my average would be larger). This is not either the average of my 500 best round (otherwise this 58 wouldn't have changed anything).

My guess is that they take the best 400 rounds before the change and to this, they will add the next 100 rounds. Indeed, before the change my average was 54.03 over my best 400 rounds. This means 400*54.03 = 21612. Now I have posted one 58 after the change, so we have 21612 + 58 = 21670 for 401 games. This leads to the average 21670 / 401 = 54.04 (with round off).

I will confirm this when I will have played more rounds to see of this procedure is correct.

My guess also is that for those who will turn legend after the change, the average will be computed over their 500 best round (meaning also that you will need to play 500 rounds before your average doesn't go up). But this can only be confirm by a new legend who will take note of all his rounds.

Regards

this makes sense G ..

i'm only 46 rounds into L, so will keeps close tabs on mine 2 ..

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:30 AM

I think the 100 rank rounds start today if you are a Legend. trying to find out if 9 hole games are counted as a rank round.

Was just informed any ranked round counts

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:32 AM

Woodoworkery:

I think the 100 rank rounds start today if you are a Legend. trying to find out if 9 hole games are counted as a rank round.

They were in the past but you never know.

i'm sure it does, cause a 9-hole round will move ur avg ..

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:38 AM

This is a joke WGT 2 shots 2 balls lost meter is out of control since this update as i,ve never had any problems before. Don,t think ill be here much longer games turning into one big joke !  smoke.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:39 AM

Looks to me like this new Tier is just a way to get folks obsessed with their average again. ;-)

I wrote in another thread that IMO... the Legends with an average under 60 and have already played tons of games should just automatically become Tour Legends today without the extra rounds. Some of the Legends have played 1000's of rounds. The idea of counting the next 100 and studying the average change per round is just a distraction from the enjoyment of playing the game.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:42 AM

upinsmoketour:

This is a joke WGT 2 shots 2 balls lost meter is out of control since this update as i,ve never had any problems before. Don,t think ill be here much longer games turning into one big joke !  smoke.

As soon as I read about the update I cleared the cache of Flash and my temp files before I logged in to play game. I've had no problems at all playing. The new pins on Kiawah are a hoot and having tourney Speed Greens for practice rounds is fantastic.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:43 AM

CerinoDevoti:

Looks to me like this new Tier is just a way to get folks obsessed with their average again. ;-)

I wrote in another thread that IMO... the Legends with an average under 60 and have already played tons of games should just automatically become Tour Legends today without the extra rounds. Some of the Legends have played 1000's of rounds. The idea of counting the next 100 and studying the average change per round is just a distraction from the enjoyment of playing the game.

lol .. yeah C , i'm little guilty of that 2 ..

hitting lvl 83 tmorrow .. u know what that means ..

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:48 AM

chris5214:

CerinoDevoti:

lol .. yeah C , i'm little guilty of that 2 ..

hitting lvl 83 tmorrow .. u know what that means ..

Watching your average and worrying about it gets you nothing. Play man, don't piss around worried about a number only you care to see. Get your name on the first page a Tournement if you want folks to notice you.

P.S. Get the whole G20 set.  Save the 3H for CTTH games. ;-)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:48 AM

Cheers Cerino. they must have had 2 votes on so. The vote i saw was for country.

• iavinilawoods
    26 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:49 AM

agree already thought it was to expensive for a free game but this meter deal sucks

RSS